Santa: a Family Tradition

Most families I know celebrate Christmas with at least a touch of Santa, and Brian and I decided that our family would be no exception. We have started to point Santa out at the grocery store, we put up some Santa decorations, and we taught Michael that Santa says "Ho Ho". Most families have some sort of unique twist on Santa, but in my family, as I previously mentioned, we all (maybe just me) thought that my grandpa was Santa (see this post for more details). Tonight as we were video chatting with my parents who should make an appearance but Santa himself.

Today while we were at the grocery store Michael saw a Santa and he was terrified, no really terrified, but Santa on Mommy's computer dressed up like a normal guy and chatting with Poppy, well he couldnt get enough of that. He kept peering around the corner sneakily (yes that is correct) to see Santa but to make sure that Santa didnt see him. And Santa... well Santa played his part well, he said "Ho Ho Ho!", he had jolly red cheeks, and yes he even laughed. So I feel as if one of my childhood traditions has been kept alive, at least for tonight. Tonight, though he doesnt know who my grandpa is all that well, he thought that Santa had dinner at Grammy and Poppy's, and I would like to think (thought I know he didnt comprehend this) that he thought Santa was part of our family. Someday we will have to tell him, but for today, I am happy to keep the magic of Christmas and childhood alive for just a bit longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds