Hug Your Kids
After hearing about the elementary school shooting in Connecticut this morning I have one response- hug your kids. Give them an extra squeeze today, cuddle just a bit more, read the extra story tonight, sing the extra song, enjoy their sweet smiles, make them laugh, and give them ice cream after dinner, enjoy your kids, enjoy their sweet spirits and count the blessing that you do have.
After 17 months of having Michael here I cannot imagine a day or a life without him. I cannot imagine how upside down our world would be if he were taken from us. So today I am going to be grateful for the moments we do have, grateful because at least for today we get to spend a little bit more time with him. My heart goes out to the families involved, I cannot imagine how devastating this must be for so many families and for their community. My thoughts and prayers are with them, and because we cannot turn back the clock and change the horrific events of this morning, I will be grateful that in our house life goes on as usual, and grateful because my sweet son is safe and sound (though angry that it is naptime).
After 17 months of having Michael here I cannot imagine a day or a life without him. I cannot imagine how upside down our world would be if he were taken from us. So today I am going to be grateful for the moments we do have, grateful because at least for today we get to spend a little bit more time with him. My heart goes out to the families involved, I cannot imagine how devastating this must be for so many families and for their community. My thoughts and prayers are with them, and because we cannot turn back the clock and change the horrific events of this morning, I will be grateful that in our house life goes on as usual, and grateful because my sweet son is safe and sound (though angry that it is naptime).
Comments
Post a Comment