Count Your Many Blessings
This month our home teacher challenged us to remember what we are grateful for this christmas season and use it to help remember the Savior during this crazy time of year. We took this message to heart (look at that) and most days (we may have skipped one or two) Brian and I have listed one thing we are grateful for before going to sleep at night. We have a good list going (would be good if I had been writing it down, but I forgot), but today I have to post about it, because my heart is so full of gratitude, I dont think I can wait until bedtime to list my "grateful item".
Today I am thankful for grandparents, specifically Brian's grandparents.
I have grandparents and they are awesome (remember how my grandpa is santa), but I have also been blessed with fantastic grandparent-in-laws. Seriously, not enough good can be said about these 4 wonderful people. They are among the kindest and most sincere people I have ever met, one of the perks of marrying Brian (you know him being one of the others). We are blessed to have them in our lives even though we are a million miles away and rarely go home, and even more than that, Michael is blessed to have gotten to meet all 4 of them. So today my grateful item is grandparents, if you are a grandparent, seriously consider looking to these folks as a good example, and if you arent (yet), well this is something to work towards, I know I will. So that's all I have to say on that, thanks for being awesome.
Other grateful item- christmas cards... love them! So fun to see the pictures, read the letters, and think that with each passing year I am turning more and more into my parents and their friends that I used to mock- you know I am going to have to buy some "mom" jeans soon to go with my sweet minivan.
Today I am thankful for grandparents, specifically Brian's grandparents.
I have grandparents and they are awesome (remember how my grandpa is santa), but I have also been blessed with fantastic grandparent-in-laws. Seriously, not enough good can be said about these 4 wonderful people. They are among the kindest and most sincere people I have ever met, one of the perks of marrying Brian (you know him being one of the others). We are blessed to have them in our lives even though we are a million miles away and rarely go home, and even more than that, Michael is blessed to have gotten to meet all 4 of them. So today my grateful item is grandparents, if you are a grandparent, seriously consider looking to these folks as a good example, and if you arent (yet), well this is something to work towards, I know I will. So that's all I have to say on that, thanks for being awesome.
Other grateful item- christmas cards... love them! So fun to see the pictures, read the letters, and think that with each passing year I am turning more and more into my parents and their friends that I used to mock- you know I am going to have to buy some "mom" jeans soon to go with my sweet minivan.
Comments
Post a Comment