Smarty Pants

I think Michael is a smarty pants. Maybe he is just average, but since I only have one child I think he is so smart. Recently, we have started to really emphasize learning our letters. I know he is only 17 months old, but I think he is ready. He is really interested in books and has been since the beginning to he has be exposed to quite a few words and his vocabulary has exploded lately. Anyway so back to the letters. We have a few ABC books that he loves, but let me just say the tattered copy of Dr. Seuss's ABC's that my grandparents gave me back in 1987 (yes there is writing inside to prove it) is his favorite, followed closely by the board book version his own grandparents just got him (I think the owl is just smaller and that is the reason for the difference). He can now recognize 3 sometimes 4 letters, "M", "O", "P", and sometimes "S". I think the real credit for learning this should be given to Super Why but since I am not willing to admit that quite yet I will take a bit of the credit for myself. He is able to point these letters out when we are out and about now. He points out the M on his wall, on the Walmart sign, the O on the signs in the grocery stores, and anytime he sees a M, O, or P on a license plate (just he level). Seriously... I know not even Brian will believe me, but I am telling you this kid knows those three letters. The park we go to has wooden letters around the toddler area and today he went around and pointed out the ones he knows. Yes there is some confusion betweeen M and N, and sometimes Q and C are confused for O but for the most part he has it down.





Also, he now knows most of his body parts, he can do: teeth, hair, head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, shoulders, arms, fingers, hands, tummy, bum (this one is important), legs, knees, feet, and toes. Whew, that was a lot to list, but seriously he is coming right along. This time last year I was thrilled he could roll over on occasion but now, well now he is a tiny little person with a mind of his own.

Comments

  1. Mikeys progress is so exciting! I'm sure we will be amazed at what he does from now on. But I'm not surprised that he is so smart, considering the genes he inherited from two smart parents. Keep recording his accomplishments. Later it will be hard for others to believe he did these things at such an early age.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea