Christmas Day

So Christmas... Mikey liked it much more this year than last year. Last year he didnt really understand that Christmas meant toys, but this year he did. I thought that it would be fun if we wrapped each item separately so he would have more to open, that was wrong. He liked opening presents but he did get a little bit bored after awhile (even though we stopped and ate breakfast) and he wanted to play with each  toy and read each book before we could move on, things took awhile. But I think it was fun, I think he had a good time, and when we have our little family christmas in a few days he will really understand what is happening. 


These photos arent in order and I didnt want to mess around with them, so here goes. 

We got Mikey a new magnadoodle, he loves to color and this makes less of a mess. He liked it, but not nearly as much as Auntie Em did. 
 Poppy wanted a huge box of gourmet popcorn for christmas, it was delicious, and perfect for a group.
 Brian's grandma was so sweet and sent Mikey some presents. They were individually wrapped and perfect for him. These were some of his favorite gifts, really these were prefect for him- thank you!

So this was book with piano keys, Mikey was a fan, but even more than that Auntie Em loved it, and if anyone sees one with hymns, let me know I need to get her one for his mission.
 Huge mess, but so fun.
 O Muggle got Mikey a BYU-I shirt, we have to keep the option open, Auntie Em got him another BYU shirt, so now we are supporting both.
 Yay BYU-I. Let the brainwashing start now.
 this is what we found on christmas night, it was an exhausting day for him. Poppy got him this lovely pillow pet, his face glows when he looks at it... but he loves his Poppy Pillow.
This was the beginning of christmas, look how pretty. Wouldnt it be nice if this were the first photo. well it wasnt. 
 This was the best photo of the three of us. Not the best photo.
 Opening the first present. This is one of the ones from Brian's grandma, it was a little stuffed owl, he loved it, as a kid that wears an owl hat on christmas day would.

 see excited.

 she also got him a 2 wind up owls that walk. Their eyes move too so they look nervous when you make them race. these were a hit, not just with mikey but with the adults too. These are a favorite, I dont know where she found them but it was so nice of her!

 these wheelies cars are also from Brian's grandma, funny thing is that I almost bought them for him a couple of days too, also a hit.

 dont you love the owl hat with the monster pjs, love.
 uncle muggle let mikey borrow his childhood stocking for the day. so funny to see it back.
 see we had to read every book he got, he got quite a few. He particularly liked Go Do Go, sadly the real version has even less of a story than the little book, but luckily we have both.
 someone got candy, mikey stole it.
 for christmas breakfast we made cheese danishes (delicious). They were pretty easy and yummy.
 We also had the traditional breakfast pizza. Yes we have incorporated that into my family's christmas morning.
 I didnt realize that I was wearing the owl hat. The three cooks, these guys were great, I was just along for the ride.
 see not twins.
 he started to understand christmas after a bit.
 Yay uncle muggle was back this year.
 Bardy... looked like a homeless man until my grandma commented and then he got a haircut, showered, and shaved... merry christmas bardy.
 what a sweet little owl.

We had a wonderful christmas. It was great to spend time with family and see christmas through a little guys's eyes. 

Comments

  1. Wait is Emily going on a mission???? Fill me in on details!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds