back up...
I am having a “back up off my freaking grill” week. Dramatic
I know, but I don’t know how many times I have wanted to either punch someone
and then say it, or just scream it at them. Not sure what it is, we are going
to blame the pregnancy hormones and lack of sleep because we have visitors in
town but I am pretty sure irritating people play at least some small role in
these thoughts this week. Today I got this email… and it really was probably an
innocent email but part of it was critiquing something I had done that no one
else wanted to do, my first response went something like this “dear ______, if
you had been willing to get your act together and do this lovely job I wouldn’t
have had to and you could have complained, but since you couldn’t find time/didn’t
want to/decided to overlook it and hoped it would go away I got the privilege
of doing it, and it wasn’t even remotely fun. So SHHH!!!!. Also just a heads
up… I may know one or two things about kids (not tons mind you), but as I have
a wild maniac child living in my house and running my life let me just say in the politest way
possible I got this… now back up.” Instead my response was a bit more measured
and nice, something like, “don’t worry I will take your opinion and request
into consideration, I sincerely appreciate your concern and all you do” Should
have gone with the back up option, at least then I wouldn’t have still been
angry and written this blog post.
Also, this week Michael’s stuttering has gotten immeasurably
worse. I hear the stuttering is a phase, but I don’t know part of me thinks
something is wrong. After hearing I am paranoid I have one thing to say- it’s
my kid, something is wrong, who the heck cares if I want to waste a couple
hundred dollars getting him tested… yeah.
So this is a back up off my grill sorta week. Ugh… someone
has a case of the Mondays, too bad it is already Thursday and that excuse is
lame.
Comments
Post a Comment