dear 25 year old self
Michael is turning 2 on Monday and I thought it was only fitting to commemorate it a bit, I am hoping I get it together and post a lot, add pictures, take videos, but for now here is what I have. Since tomorrow is the 4th of July I think it is fitting to start talking about the kid. It seems like not that long ago that we were celebrating the 4th (in actually much the same way we will tomorrow) and we were waiting for him. I would post photos or link you to them... but I just looked, and no, they shouldnt have been taken in the first place. Anyway so as we have been approaching his big 2nd birthday I have been wondering what would I have said to my 25 year old self who was waiting for Mikey, here are a few things (do you think I have listened to a few dozen too many sappy country songs? I do) I would have said.
I would say, dear young naive 25 year old self,
-he is going to be awesome. You cant imagine how awesome, but really this kid is going to amaze you on an hourly basis.
-Little people can have big personalities. Dont discount that he is small and young, this kid has a strong spirit and you are going to have to recognize that he is his own person pretty quick.
-sleep... yeah not important anymore
-someday someone is going to throw up on you and you might live through it
-your life is going to be like a broadway musical, but with bad singing, every activity has a song, everything is better with a song. You will find yourself singing the ABC's alone in the shower, car, or to get to sleep. Trust me, it is going to happen.
-it's ok to stand back and ask, "what the heck just happened?" 50 times a day. Sometimes there is no explanation for what just happened.
- your tolerance for mess, stickiness, general mayhem is going to increase, really it will.
-you wont miss work, some days you will miss adult conversation, but trust me it is totally worth what you gave up to spend the day with the crazy man.
-he is a crazy, no really the word you are looking for is crazy. He doesnt sleep, he is just crazy, that is just mikey.
-It's true, he is smart, he knows lots of songs, can sing his ABC's and recognize most capital letters, and yes, when you thought he counted to 10 he did.
-oh and one more thing, labor... not that big a deal, a big deal yes but they give you drugs, recovery... 10,000 times worse than you imagine and guess what the drugs stay at the hospital- enjoy!
I would say, dear young naive 25 year old self,
-he is going to be awesome. You cant imagine how awesome, but really this kid is going to amaze you on an hourly basis.
-Little people can have big personalities. Dont discount that he is small and young, this kid has a strong spirit and you are going to have to recognize that he is his own person pretty quick.
-sleep... yeah not important anymore
-someday someone is going to throw up on you and you might live through it
-your life is going to be like a broadway musical, but with bad singing, every activity has a song, everything is better with a song. You will find yourself singing the ABC's alone in the shower, car, or to get to sleep. Trust me, it is going to happen.
-it's ok to stand back and ask, "what the heck just happened?" 50 times a day. Sometimes there is no explanation for what just happened.
- your tolerance for mess, stickiness, general mayhem is going to increase, really it will.
-you wont miss work, some days you will miss adult conversation, but trust me it is totally worth what you gave up to spend the day with the crazy man.
-he is a crazy, no really the word you are looking for is crazy. He doesnt sleep, he is just crazy, that is just mikey.
-It's true, he is smart, he knows lots of songs, can sing his ABC's and recognize most capital letters, and yes, when you thought he counted to 10 he did.
-oh and one more thing, labor... not that big a deal, a big deal yes but they give you drugs, recovery... 10,000 times worse than you imagine and guess what the drugs stay at the hospital- enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment