Yummy Dinner


Since I recently stopped boycotting food (some foods are still on the black list) I have started to cook (again). A few weeks ago I was popping the zofran to cook toast, but now, well now things have settled (for the most part). As I was perusing pinterest, now that I can do that again- a few weeks ago all those pictures of food sent me running for the bathroom, I came across a recipet for Spicy Sausage Pasta. Gonna be honest it didnt really appeal to me, but I thought Brian and Michael might like it. Then I clicked it and found out that they had ripped it off of America's Test Kitchen and all my inhibitions about using Ro-Tel and sausage went out the window. This was actually a really good dinner, well Brian hasnt tried it yet, but Michael and I liked it. I recommend you try it... cause it is actually super fast and one pot (pretty sure this is one of the few things I have ever cooked in one pot and didnt hate. Anyway a few things we found, one I didnt use turkey sausage, in fairness I did look but since I was at Super Target my selection was limited so I went with the horribly fattening regular kind (delicious!), two this is not good for you, look at the ingredient list- sausage, cream, cheese.... delicious but not so much on the healthy side of life (but dont eat it every day and you will be fine), and three... it says it feeds 4 but those must be 4 of the hungriest people out there, I think it serves more than 4 and next time I might cut it in half, no really 4?


Ok so here is the recipe. Really try it, just be warned it is a bit spicy, good, but just a hint of spicy. I skipped the cream and used evaporated milk (cause I had it) and chopped my own onions, but you my friends and do whatever you like.


And really you should just go to the link cause she has some great photos, you know the kind that make you want to get off the couch and actually try the recipe.



Spicy Sausage Pasta
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb smoked sausage
1.5 cups diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz penne pasta
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, each
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions
1. Add olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.


Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/spicy-sausage-pasta.html#ixzz2XqWnSptv





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea