FHE and Mormon Messages

Lately we have tried to be a lot better about having FHE (family home evening). I think that making this effort has really done a lot to increase the Spirit in our home, but it has also given us the opportunity to teach Michael gospel principles in a more formal setting. We have been talking to him about the Gospel his whole life, and he has so many great questions, understands some basic concepts, and really seems receptive to the Spirit, so we really needed to get our act together. As part of FHE we watch a few mormon messages each week (we have a brief lesson and then do this) and he has some favorites. I think that he has not only felt the Spirit as we have watched these short clips, but that they have also done a great job of providing him with a visual to go with the message we have been trying to get across. We have three favorite videos, and since we love them so much I thought I would share. The complete collection of videos can be found at www.mormonchannel.org. 

Here are our favorites:

A Mother's Hope
I think this one is by far Michael's favorite. It tells the story of President Uchtdorf's mother fleeing with her children to Germany near the end of World War II. In an attempt to secure food for her four young children, Sister Uchtdorf loses sight of the train the family is traveling on. She frantically searches without results and decides to pray to find her family. This message has been instrumental in helping Michael understand that Heavenly Father can help him when he is scared. We have talked a lot about how if Heavenly Father can help the mommy find her family he can also help Mikey be brave in nursery, with a babysitter, or find lost toys.


I am a Child of God
We also love this one. The message of the song is sweet and simple, and Michael loves to see all the people and sing along.
Moments that Matter Most
He also loves this one, though not quite as much as the other two.  I think he likes the kid swinging, but the message is really good, I recommend it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea