New Found Song

It's not a huge secret that I love cheesy songs. If you didn't know that about me already, the cat is out of the bag now- I absolutely love cheesy country songs. There are a couple of "rules" that make a great country song, Brian laughs at me because when one or more of these rules are met I usually love the song and listen to it over and over and over until everyone hates it. Here are the rules:

-The title of the song must have a double meaning in itself or it must apply to different people in the song in different ways.  The title must also be repeated throughout the song and/or be the punchline of the chorus. The punchline/double meaning must come up during the last verse of the song.

-The song should include multiple stages of life, things like meeting, getting married, having kids. I really like when the punchline of the song is presented to the second generation... no really this is important.

-Usually the song is pretty upbeat and happy, no drinking, no swearing, etc.

-Brian says the song structure is usually the same for songs I like, but I don't really know what that means. So go with it.


 Some of my favorite examples, and I am sure I am missing a few are: She Let Herself Go by George Strait, Down the Road by Kenny Chesney, Waiting on a Woman by Brad Paisley, She's in Love with the Boy by Trisha Yearwood, Jacob's Ladder by Mark Willis... and... I found a new example: Hey Pretty Girl by Kip Moore. Just in case you love cheesy songs and were looking for a new one, here is the link... it has all the makings for a great song- cheesy title, the punchline presented to the second generation, and it has lines like "plant some roots and apple trees", what is not to love!


Comments

  1. I love Hey Pretty Girl! I didn't see Three Wooden Crosses on your list ... I used to listen to that one over and over and over and ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds