Mikey Update

I have to post a quick Mikey update, my brain is fuzzy and I am sure I will forget this fun stage soon.

-For the past few months Mikey was obsessed with trains, specifically Thomas the Train (and his millions of friends). Now that interest is diminishing slightly and he has a new obsession (and it is an obsession)... Cars. Not the cars you drive, Cars the movie. He has had a Lightening McQueen for a year or so and it wasn't until recently that he developed an interest. He recently saw the movies and he LOVES the first movie, not so much the second, but the first... he loves it. I am thinking it might be a must for christmas. Unfortunately, I was trying to be prepared and and I purchased some of his christmas presents a month or so ago and they are all Thomas toys, but hey we can get a few Cars toys as they are significantly less than Thomas stuff.

-My two favorite phrases he says are "Mommy, let's be happy about this", he says this in response to me saying "Mikey I am very frustrated" or "Mikey that makes me cross". And when I got in to change his diaper at nap time (cause he always poops during fake nap time) "and I will poop again and you will change my bum!"

-He still loves to sing... he sings loud and all the time. He loves to sing.

- He has learned to ride a bike with pedals, not a bike, but a trike and he loves that, also a great christmas idea (I seriously need to get on that). And he is so fast on his balance bike, to the point where the helmet we bought him so he could be like his cousins might come in handy for saving his life.

-He loves to play Cars, loves it.

-He wears a 4T shirt and 3T pants... he is big.

-He doesn't want anyone to wash his eyes. This has become a bit of an issue with baths and showers.

-He doesn't want to be potty trained until after baby zach comes (as he informed me), but he loves to flush the toilet.

-He still hates naps, and they have become if possible an even bigger battle than they were before. Oh and he also hates bedtime. He has started insisting that we "leave the door open" at night and naps. This sometimes, but rarely even works out well.

-He has recently decided to camp in our room. When we are lucky he starts out in his room and migrates to our room (without fail) sometime between 1 and 4 am. He sleeps in a sleeping bag, but at least he is sleeping...

-He is obsessed with his Poppy pillow. He doesn't want anyone else to touch it, he wants it to have a particular gross smell (he doesn't like me to wash it), and he takes it with him everywhere he can. When he makes his nightly migration to our room he always has his Poppy Pillow. We recently bought a second (cause we finally found them), and he looked at it, sniffed it, and handed it back. He informed me that it wasn't his Poppy Pillow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds