Two Funny Moments

This past week, maybe 2 I have had two funny and slightly odd moments, well odd to me.

The first happened at Target around 8 at night, I guess it should be a sign that 8 is too late to go to Target. I was checking out and the cashier asked if I had any kids. I think I was buying some christmas presents for Michael, clothes (cause he outgrows his stuff daily), and baby specific items. I said yes I had one at home and the cashier asked if I had any other kids... I didn't know what to say at this point. I responded with no, but I am having another one. At which point he said, well I thought so but didn't want to assume. Friend, that is kind of you, but you reach a point in your pregnancy when it is ok to assume. When your belly button looks like a turkey timer it is time to assume, when you have a month to go... assume. When you can see the baby move through your clothing... assume that there is a baby in there not just a strange affliction for donuts or an unnoticed growth... it's a baby.

The second experience happened at church... someone sat next to me and said "I didn't know you were expecting!" They were very sweet about it, but it was 3 days ago, and as the picture on the previous post shows, it is pretty obvious that I am expecting... and soon. I almost wanted to tell them I was due in the spring, but that thought was far too depressing so I smiled and nodded instead. Well it was sweet of them to make that assumption. I told Brian this story and his response was along the lines of how could people not know at this point... well friends in case there were doubts, it isn't donuts, not a growth... it's a baby...that better come out very very soon.

This brings me to my conclusion, ok really it is just a conclusion for the Target boy and anyone else too polite to point out a pregnancy. At some point (you know for sure any time after 30 weeks) it is ok just to ask... or assume... really it's ok.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds