Halloween 2013

So it was Halloween... and we took some pictures. We were lucky enough to have my parents here with us, and it was so fun to have them here. Michael... sorta liked Halloween. I think he has the idea that trick or treating is dumb because we have a giant bowl of the kind of candy he likes sitting at home... while I agree, I think he might be missing the boat. So we went trick or treating. After much trial and tribulation... no really, and some weeping and wailing we got the costumes on. See we had a little problem, after all my hard work Thomas didn't fit and I had to "fix" him, which also meant adding some weight to the back. Clearly, Brian and I showed our nerdy side with this project as we were trying to figure out the best way to do that. I did come up with something in time for trunk or treat (adding a tiny tender car filled will bean bags until it was balanced) but this created a new problem... Thomas was heavy and Michael didn't love him. So he ditched Thomas at... the end of our driveway... yes all those hours spent. I carried Thomas and the candy bucket and Brian carried Michael, who luckily enough was dressed like a train engineer (use your imagination), and Brian/Gordon was carrying him so in the end it all worked out- most of the parents thought Brian was Thomas and that Michael was his driver. Next year we are going for a lighter costume. But this totally reaffirmed to me why we need to continue the themed family costumes- when one person ditches their's everyone else keeps on going. 

So my dad aka annie with michael aka thomas. At some point very early in this picture taking process michael realized he could hide behind the funnel... lovely. 
so this is how it started. Michael with the bucket and brian with the costume.
and then he lagged behind a bit so he got carried.
Grammy and Poppy aka Claribel and Annie were able to join us. I thought this was hilarious because Annie and Claribel are Thomas' coaches and they follow him around... sorta like Grammy and Poppy.
Yes Percy (thomas' best friend) was there too.
They were waiting to go... right before Thomas got ditched. But isn't it cute while he has it on?
Gordon and Thomas
Gordon, Thomas, and Percy. Pictures are just ok... this is when he really learned about hiding behind the funnel.







See what I mean, he is hiding.
 Do you like the hiding?

Michael and his loot, surprisingly what he wanted from this was the fruit snacks. 

 His idea of trick or treating.
 Brian carved him a Thomas pumpkin
 This was the one mikey picked. he colored all over it with sharpie.
And again with the hiding. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds