2 kid family
We are a few weeks into being a two kid family and let me tell you it is overwhelming. Maybe it is because our first child is a high energy person all of the time, maybe it was because it was Christmas, or that we had people in town, or the lack of sleep combined with the post partum hormones, or maybe 2 kids is just overwhelming. I have learned a few things these last few weeks, things I feel are worth sharing. First, not only will your older child seem like a giant compared to the baby but they will also be incredibly LOUD! I knew mikey was excited and energetic but I had no idea how deafeningly loud he was... Every waking minute (which for him is pretty much anytime between 645am and 9pm). Second, I had no idea that mikey would have to poop each and every time I fed Zach. We thought about potty training. Even made a few attempts... Major fail. He refuses to go near the potty unless daddy is there and daddy has a job... Not sure how that is going to work out bit we will worry about it in a month or so.
We have also learned some less shocking things. Like that there are aome things that are easier this time Around. Diaper change in the middle of the night with limited light- not a problem, pee/vomit/poop- please that doesn't scare us, nursing- it is really a one person no advice kinda thing. So there's that. And this time I have to say I feel like Brian has been a huge help. He was awesome last time too but since I didn't really trust either of us with the baby this is a new experience. Also there are two of them so really a second person who mikey prefers to mommy is a plus. Now we are a tag team, hostages in our own home but a team. It really is amazing how two tiny people can turn you into hostages. They dictate when we eat, sleep, shower, etc, I think One or both of them are using sleep deprivation as a method of torture.
I have new respect for mothers with 2+ kids. I tell myself it must get easier or everyone would stop at 2. And in all honesty Zach is a dream baby so far. He rarely cries, he is a good eater, he even sleeps at night... Sorta and sometimes (ok not really). But he is low key compared to his brother. But two is rough. I'm sure we will get things down, we will find our groove, but now as we deal with waiting to hear if we are moving, potty training (we are akipping that), and everything that is involved with adding a new member of the family it is overwhelming.
We have also learned some less shocking things. Like that there are aome things that are easier this time Around. Diaper change in the middle of the night with limited light- not a problem, pee/vomit/poop- please that doesn't scare us, nursing- it is really a one person no advice kinda thing. So there's that. And this time I have to say I feel like Brian has been a huge help. He was awesome last time too but since I didn't really trust either of us with the baby this is a new experience. Also there are two of them so really a second person who mikey prefers to mommy is a plus. Now we are a tag team, hostages in our own home but a team. It really is amazing how two tiny people can turn you into hostages. They dictate when we eat, sleep, shower, etc, I think One or both of them are using sleep deprivation as a method of torture.
I have new respect for mothers with 2+ kids. I tell myself it must get easier or everyone would stop at 2. And in all honesty Zach is a dream baby so far. He rarely cries, he is a good eater, he even sleeps at night... Sorta and sometimes (ok not really). But he is low key compared to his brother. But two is rough. I'm sure we will get things down, we will find our groove, but now as we deal with waiting to hear if we are moving, potty training (we are akipping that), and everything that is involved with adding a new member of the family it is overwhelming.
Yes, it's another adjustment. Yes, it's hard. Yes, it's exhausting. Yes, it's all worth it. And YES, you will somehow do it again, even though you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Somehow all those sleepless nights and tears make life so rewarding. You are doing everything right!!! Soon, you'll be a mother of FIVE just like me. And YES, it gets even easier. The craziness remains the same, the busy times, the crazy kids, the noise level increases...and then there is the peaceful nap times! (right now for me!) But yes, you will get the hang of life again. Your doing awesome!!!! Plus he's adorable!!!!
ReplyDelete