The terrible twos

So we are smack in the middle of the terrible twos. I think it's great timing...sleep deprived parents, new baby, moving .... I don't think I should list all the things that make this great. The terrible twos are killing me a little bit. I thought I was a mildly competent parent, somewhat patient and rational at times... That is over. Now I'm a yelling mom. One of those moms you see and think to yourself  "wow you shouldn't have had kids."  Or "wow your life clearly overwhelms you." We are working through it. I thought the terrible twos were a myth,, nope, the terrible twos are when your sweet toddler turns into a little monster that you can't escape. In fairness,  80% of the time Michael is great. But the remaining 20% is just so rough. I think the biggest issue is that he hates sleep. He has such a rough time settling down to sleep that by the time he finally collapses everyone including the cat is exhausted by the ordeal. He seems almost unable to calm himself down enough sleep, which for this sleep deprived mom is more than a little annoying. Also there is the issue of listening, or in reality there is the bigger issue of blatant disobedience, I am trying to remember that he is 2 and generally sweet, that testing boundaries is normal and even good because he s exerting independence and to think for himself but I have to admit it makes me want to scream a little bit. So I am really hoping, no make that really really hoping this ends or get more patient or something equally awesome happens. And I am lying to myself and saying that sweet zach is never going to do this, that he will always be sweet and mellow and happy.... Hah,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds