Countdown to Austin
As we have been getting closer and closer to moving day my stress level has been rising exponentially. I know we aren't moving that far, and I know that we are so blessed to have movers and packers... but still there are a few things that complicate things: 1. brian still has to work, 2. we are still moving a lot has to be done, 3. I'm just going to be honest, michael and zach. Zach is nursing (frequently) and Michael is 2 and a little bit needy. So I was starting to panic. I wasn't sure how we could get everything we needed done, even with the limited things we needed to do given the movers and packers, and I didn't want to ask people in our ward to help... again. We just had Zach and everyone was so kind and helpful, it seemed like we were taking advantage of their kindness to ask again. Then friday night/saturday morning as I was up and feeding zach, and lets be honest panicking a little bit about everything we had to do and the logistics of everything I had a thought... Brandon and Kristin. I pushed this out of my head quickly. My brother and his wife are currently waiting for his job to start at her parent's house, they have about 3 weeks left until life starts...which is awful for them but good for me. I kept thinking Brandon and Kristin, but pushing the thought out of my head, because let's be realistic who wants to help someone move, let alone the sister you only sometimes get along with and the sister in law you met... once. Plus there are two tiny kids involved, i mean the whole thing sounds like a nightmare and I have to do it... volunteering to join that party sounds almost as fun as sitting in a tub full of scissors. But eventually I gave in, for the past few days I have been praying for help with this project, for patience, and to be able to get it all done, this was my answer. So I asked them if they would be willing to come (well I asked Kristin) and they will be here Sunday! Thank goodness! Thank goodness we are going to have help! I figure 4 adults and 2 kids will be more manageable. They can keep mikey busy while our house is packed and loaded, and help occupy him while we unload and unpack at the new house. This gives me just one kid to worry about on packing and moving day, and I am not too worried about Zach getting in the way... just saying. So I hope they are excited. Pretty sure that someday after they have their own kids they will look back and ask why the heck they signed up for this, but since they don't have kids yet, they don't know just how fun... or not, this adventure is going to be!
Comments
Post a Comment