Mixed Emotions
We are moving this week, and while I am so excited for a new adventure, I also don't want to go. There is a part of me, the immature part, that doesn't want to go. I want to stay here. I want to stay in my house and I want to stay with my friends. I am trying to remember that I am 27 and I am the mom, I have to be happy about this. This move is going to be great for our family, Brian is going to make it home for dinner now, no more ridiculous commute across the metroplex, he can ride his bike to work if he wants (he won't but it is a viable option now), he will have more time at home, this is a great opportunity for his career, and we hear that austin is a great place to live. But at the same time I have friends here, or I should say I finally have friends here. And leaving a place where you finally have friends is hard, especially because well... let's be honest, I'm not so friendly or outgoing so the likelihood that I am going to have friends in the near future is... slim. So I am kinda dreading the move. Here we have activities with friends, music class, story time, playgroup (wow those are all kid activities... ) and there... well we won't. We will eventually, but it is the eventually that I am dreading. It is being the new person and having to be outgoing that makes my stomach turn. It reminds me of the first sunday of the semester freshman year when you stand up and introduce yourself and it goes something like "my name is ashley, I'm from california, i'm studying well nothing at the moment because it's the first day and I am 18." But unlike freshman year I am not moving to austin alone, the bad thing is that our friends aren't moving with us. But as I keep telling Michael, we can do hard things. And hey not having friends for a bit might be a plus, instead of going to playdates we can focus on unpacking our new house, finding the grocery store, and potty training (please let this be easier than i think it will be). So we are going to be happy about this, and if anyone comes to Austin you have a place to stay and we would love to see you!
I feel you! We'll probably be moving (I don't think we'll match at Rochester, but who knows??) at the end of May and I'm terrified and mostly am not even trying to have a good attitude about it. I'll call you when we move and you can console me and let me know that it will get better.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think Mikey is going to great potty training!