3 Months

*this post was written a few weeks ago but I forgot to post it until now.

My sweet Zach is 3 months old (ok he was 3 months old on the 16th). I can’t believe he is that old, but I also can’t believe it has only been that long! These three months have been eventful.
Zach is such a sweet baby, I thought he would grow out of it by now, nope, he is still so sweet. Someone asked me if Michael was a sweet baby, and while I love him dearly he really wasn’t. He had sweet moments, but if you have ever spent time with Michael you know he keeps you on your toes. He is busy, so smart, always learning, stubborn, focused, genuine, inquisitive, thoughtful, caring, and into everything, I love those things about him, but he isn’t easy going and sweet (and honestly neither am I). Zach on the other hand is sweet and laid back (most of the time). Brian and I keep saying to each other that Heavenly Father knew we couldn’t handle another Michael right now so he sent us Zach, and we are eternally grateful for that. Zach is generally (not always but about 80%) happy, patient, and content to wait. He has a big brother that has no patience (and a mother for that matter) and because of that he often has to wait. He rarely screams (Michael did a LOT) and when he does it is usually because he has several problems (diaper, hungry, tired). He can also self soothe (sometimes), this is a huge blessing! He loves his pacifier at bedtime and his grammy blanket, give those to him and he is generally golden.

So a few things about Zach:
-he recently developed a love of the water (bath). At first he HATED baths, but now he has quite a fun time. I put the little tub inside the big tub and he gets his bath while Michael gets his. It’s funny to watch him try and get his brother’s attention by wiggling and splashing. I am trying to get a video to show him someday.

-he adores his brother. Zach is generally smiley and happy but Michael gets the biggest grins from him. When Michael is in the room he tracks him with his eyes and if they are near each other Zach does all his best tricks to get his attention. He loves him despite being constasntly attacked and smothered by Michael. I’m a little concerned Zach may get injured but so grateful they love each other.

-he has discovered toys. His interest is still pretty minimal but he has started to grab things, and pull. He also does this funny wiggling dance for his toys, pretty funny.

-he loves to stand (with assistance). He is usally happy in this position and likes to look you straight in the eyes and make sounds as if he is talking. Love this!

-his eyes are brown. At first I thought they might be lighter than Michael’s but that ended, they are dark just like Michael’s. Brian and I keep wondering where their eyes came from, mine are yellow green (yeah like a cat) and Brian’s are a lighter brown, but both our boys have dark brown eyes (almost black, there is almost no difference between the pupil and iris).

-his eyelashes are coming in super dark and long (just like mikey) and his hair is coming in! That is about where their resemblance ends, hair color, eye color, and skin tone…. Other than that they are pretty opposite.

-when Zach gets upset and cries and you don’t respond immediately (sorry Zach) when you do finally come get him he continues to cry/scream/yell for another 5 to 10 seconds while looking directly in your eyes as if to say “Mom you made me so angry!!!”.

-he loves to be cuddled and held

-he hates his pack n play, he seems to be uncomfortable in it, he loves our bed (with or without us) and who can blame him it is nice, his crib, the couch, and his bouncy chair.

-he loves, no strike that, he LOVES his bouncy chair. It is one of those vibrating chairs, he loves it, he sleeps in it, sits in it, it was $20 well spent.

-he likes to sleep in the car

-he thinks naptime is at exactly 930 am (no really by 932 he is getting cranky), 115pm, and bedtime is at 730pm. His morning nap is about 40 minutes, afternoon nap is about 3 hours, and then bed.
- doesn’t sleep through the night, he sleeps from about 730 or 8pm until 2 or 3 am, then back to bed until 6am, and then back until about 8am. Since he’s still nursing I’m going to count that 7:30-2 
segment as sleeping through the night. If he went to bed later he would sleep longer.

-he thinks the period from 115pm until about 430 is for sleeping. This is great until his brother wants to leave the house during that time. He insists on napping in his bouncy chair.

-he loves michael’s racetrack table already. He likes to stand and watch Michael play.


Zach is so sweet, we couldn’t imagine our family without our Zach-O!

Zachary loves his grammy blanket. My mom gave him this blanket before he was born, and he loves it. He also loves his grammy so maybe that has something to do with it. When he is upset and crabby if you give him this blanket he instantly calms down (sometimes cries again) but initially he is so happy. He loves to cuddle this blanket and goes to bed with it most of the time. he insists on pulling it up to his face so we have to watch him closely.
 too bad this wasn't in focus. I forget that zach is actually quite small, this photo reminds me that while he is a giant, he is still a little guy.

 Mikey loves his brother. He loves him so much that he has bent the little chair... not good. Don't you love the little undershirt and undies... haha
 Poor zach, always along for the ride,
 notice zach is screaming, not great.

 I don't think they could look more different, but they are great friends.

 zach loves to sleep in his chair, and notice the grammy blanket

 I let the boys take a bath together, well in reality mikey begs to have his brother with him, and when you try and bathe zach alone mikey cries, so they go together. I tried to snap a few "modest" photos of the two of them. I warned mikey to be careful of his brother and not to pour water on him.
 so he promptly fills a cup with water and looks away while pouring it on Zach's head.
 

 but zach forgave him.

 zach loves the bath. he wiggles like crazy with a really serious expression.
 look at that sweet smile

 see the grammy blanket, he loves to cuddle it.


 yes he is that chubby. i feel like in person he looks slightly less chubby.
 aww. i love that he sleeps, love love love.
 zach's belly button continues to be a problem. It is shrinking though, but at the moment it look somewhat unnerving especially if you aren't used to it.





 Everytime zach plays in his "park" mikey thinks he needs to be right there. It makes playing difficult for zach but he's pretty patient


 i love his hoodie.

 video chatting with grammy and poppy.











for some reason the cat loves to sleep next to zach, i think it's because he usually has a cozy blanket. 

 poor sick boys, they got better, thank goodness.




 zach thinks our bed is his bed. He doesn't really care if we are in it, he just like the bed.

Comments

  1. Darling boys. I just love them. Honestly, I miss them! It was so wonderful to be there with you guys. You are raising good boys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds