I hate exercise

I hate exercise. I know hate is a strong word, but I actually HATE exercise. I also hate mushrooms, mosquitos, and waking up when it's still dark. I'm just not that mature. I know I should probably hand back my college degrees (they are in health, exercise is part of good health, blah), but not going to do that. I decided it is time to get over this hatred. I hate getting up early but when forced to I can, I hate mosquitos and mushrooms but no plans to remedy that... well ever. So I bought some exercise clothes, and no they aren't sweatpants, it's just too tempting to use those for pjs or chip eating pants, joined the YMCA (well brian and michael joined and it was an additional $1 for me to join), and went.to.the.gym. I have been three times now, and yes I have hated every minute. I have also done some sad sad yoga. Hated that too. I've decided that I just hate to exercise but friends it's time to suck it up. I turned 28 yesterday, it's time to put on my running shoes and go for it (but not run cause I really hate that), it's not going to be easier when I'm older. Some people feel great, i feel sweaty, but whatever maybe the greatness will come. So for now I'm trying it out and we shall see what happens. The YMCA has a "cardio theater" basically it's a semi dark room with a big screen and cardio machines, that's where I have been, I like it to be dark, who wants mirrors while you work out. It makes it seem almost relaxing, almost like sleeping, until you realize that you aren't, instead you are climbing an imaginary mountain, but whatever. so I am ever so slowly (and I mean slowly) working my way up, one mile, one and half miles, two miles, I'll probably stop at 3 (haha if I get to three), i just feel so bad leaving my kids in child watch for more than 20 or so minutes, though when we picked them up they were both happy and smiley so maybe this is good for me, cause clearly they're cool with it. so i'm exercising, not a lot, but some and hey some is better than sitting on the couch eating chips (which in fairness I actually was not doing before).

Comments

  1. Awesome! You are awesome!!!!! Don't worry, one day you'll love to run. WHY because you are not chasing or holding or carrying kids. It's JUST you! It's awesome. I'm so proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea