Nothing to show for it

I spent the morning cleaning. At some point the entire downstairs of our house was cleaned, sadly not at the same time, but it was clean. Now it looks like a tornado came through. I am not kidding. In the amount of time it takes to change Zach's diaper, put a load of laundry in the dryer, or unload the dishwasher Michael can destroy the house. I almost want to scream, all of my efforts seem wasted, all that time for nothing! I guess on the bright side it is a huge mess now, but everything has been sanitized. You can eat off any of the now cluttered surfaces, while they may not seem that way they are clean (underneath all the crap).

On a semi related note I washed Poppy Pillow today. I sorta hate Poppy Pillow. He has a smell to him that just won't go away. I read on the internet that if you cover a stuffed animal in baking soda and then put it in a pillowcase for 30 minutes-1 hour it will help remove some of the awful well loved smell. After doing that you vacuum the baking soda off and then wash. I did this once before and it did result in a noticeably better smelling Poppy Pillow, but it had been a few weeks so I thought another "bath" was in order. For the record, I actually purchased a second Poppy Pillow, it looks identical except it smells good and the fur isn't matted, but he won't use it, not even one hug. So this morning i decided since we were cleaning the house might as well clean Poppy Pillow too. The new cleaning regimen is quite the process so we started early (to be done in time for naps). We went through all the steps, talked about everything, cried a lot, but finally he was done, clean, and ready. What was the first thing Michael did when I handed him back? Wiped his snotty nose all over him, oh well, for a brief moment he smelled like laundry detergent instead of love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea