Houses: we sold one! and found a new one!
I have a long to do list (because I love lists) and this wasn't on it but I thought I should mention what happened with our house.
We left Dallas on January 30th and it was rough. We don't need to talk about that, our house went on the market on January 31st (Thursday), by the end of the weekend we had more than one offer, early the next week we accepted one of them and things seemed like they were rolling along, we had a close date of March 4th. Then at the end of February the buyer financing fell through and we had to start at square one. That was a bit discouraging and scary. The house went back up for sale and we got another two offers (i think this time it took a few days). We closed on April 11th. I haven't said anything because I was so afraid to jinx it... I know that doesn't really happen. Anyway our "curtain house" as Michael calls it is now home to a new family. I loved that house and was so excited to move into it. I hope they love it as much as we did. I didn't quite picture us leaving it when we did, but that's ok. It was a great house, I really do hope the new family is able to make some happy memories there.
We decided to rent when we got to Austin, we didn't feel like we knew the area well enough or were in a state of mind to think about purchasing a house. We have been here a few months and some of the fog has lifted (though Zach is teething so we are back to waking up frequently in the night), so we are ready to think about a new home for our family. We actually decided to build again (who saw that coming with Brian working for a homebuilder... yeah everyone). With the current market and the employee discount we thought this was a good route, honestly I don't know that we could have handled the competitive market right now or the uncertainty of not knowing if we would find something we liked before our lease was up. We picked out the lot last week, and today we signed the papers and put down our deposit. Scary! We are hoping the house will be done around december 1, but it sounds like it may be earlier (we don't want to pay rent and a mortgage so we are trying to time it perfectly). The new house is about 5 miles from our current house (so not to far), and about 10 miles from Brian's office. It puts us in a new city (just barely) and a new ward (just barely), but we will be close enough that if we happen to make friends here we won't have to leave them, and we will use all the same retail so we don't have to use google maps to find the grocery store. The new house is going to be big enough that everyone can come visit... you know you want to! So if anyone happens to be in Austin or wants to come visit after christmas please do, you can have the whole upstairs (well until my parents come to stay but that is another post entirely).
Here's the link to the community and the house plan- you know for my own future reference. The model pictures online don't look much like the house we will actually live in, we won't have a fireplace, bay window, etc so they aren't helpful, ignore them.
And it has the pulte planning center Di, if I could remove that part of the house and stick it on yours I gladly would... we may have to figure out how I can ship that to you.
We left Dallas on January 30th and it was rough. We don't need to talk about that, our house went on the market on January 31st (Thursday), by the end of the weekend we had more than one offer, early the next week we accepted one of them and things seemed like they were rolling along, we had a close date of March 4th. Then at the end of February the buyer financing fell through and we had to start at square one. That was a bit discouraging and scary. The house went back up for sale and we got another two offers (i think this time it took a few days). We closed on April 11th. I haven't said anything because I was so afraid to jinx it... I know that doesn't really happen. Anyway our "curtain house" as Michael calls it is now home to a new family. I loved that house and was so excited to move into it. I hope they love it as much as we did. I didn't quite picture us leaving it when we did, but that's ok. It was a great house, I really do hope the new family is able to make some happy memories there.
We decided to rent when we got to Austin, we didn't feel like we knew the area well enough or were in a state of mind to think about purchasing a house. We have been here a few months and some of the fog has lifted (though Zach is teething so we are back to waking up frequently in the night), so we are ready to think about a new home for our family. We actually decided to build again (who saw that coming with Brian working for a homebuilder... yeah everyone). With the current market and the employee discount we thought this was a good route, honestly I don't know that we could have handled the competitive market right now or the uncertainty of not knowing if we would find something we liked before our lease was up. We picked out the lot last week, and today we signed the papers and put down our deposit. Scary! We are hoping the house will be done around december 1, but it sounds like it may be earlier (we don't want to pay rent and a mortgage so we are trying to time it perfectly). The new house is about 5 miles from our current house (so not to far), and about 10 miles from Brian's office. It puts us in a new city (just barely) and a new ward (just barely), but we will be close enough that if we happen to make friends here we won't have to leave them, and we will use all the same retail so we don't have to use google maps to find the grocery store. The new house is going to be big enough that everyone can come visit... you know you want to! So if anyone happens to be in Austin or wants to come visit after christmas please do, you can have the whole upstairs (well until my parents come to stay but that is another post entirely).
Here's the link to the community and the house plan- you know for my own future reference. The model pictures online don't look much like the house we will actually live in, we won't have a fireplace, bay window, etc so they aren't helpful, ignore them.
And it has the pulte planning center Di, if I could remove that part of the house and stick it on yours I gladly would... we may have to figure out how I can ship that to you.
One day in about 7 years and five kids later you will know how very wise I am!!!!
ReplyDelete