Independence Day
July 4th is my favorite holiday. I love everything about it. I love the festive atmosphere. I love that it's warm enough (ok so incredibly hot) to go outside. I love that very little planning is involved. You can realize the holiday is the next day. I like that there are no gifts, limit travel, and the festive shirts. And I love that almost everyone celebrates it. Really it's just a great day. We haven't done much in years past so we decided that this year we would get it together and do something.
We went to the Cedar Park parade in the morning. It wasn't the best parade (it was the first annual so they're learning) but Michael enjoyed it and it was festive that was great.
Michael did not want to participate in a photo.
One of the great floats.
It was hot and sunny.
We decided to go to the city's independence day celebration. We got to the park around 4, fireworks started at 9:30... we got a great parking spot, sat down and had a Whataburger picnic, play on the playground, and at 8 decided our kids had had enough. So we walked back to the car...where it turned out we could see the fireworks. We decided next year we are just shooting for the perfect parking spot. Our kids loved hanging out in the back of the van.
We went to Walmart, this was Zach's reaction. he is so joyful.
He took a nap between the parade and the fireworks.
I think this photo screams "I live in suburbia and love it!" I just wish instead the 4th there had been soccer games behind me and that Michael had been on the stroller.
Went back to the car... they loved this.
Michael played "fishing" with the "glows".
and they passed out before we got home.










Comments
Post a Comment