My New Favorite Cookies: Coconut Oatmeal with Butterscotch Chips
While we were in Albuquerque, Megan made us some delicious cookies. They had everything I love in a cookie- butter, oatmeal, and coconut. Brian also loved the cookies, I was shocked... he doesn't usually like things with coconut in them, but I think the oatmeal hid the texture so he was totally onboard. Clearly, that meant we wold be making them again... it isn't often we have coconut things and I love coconut. So we/I decided to make them, and with Michael's urging we made a slight adjustment- we added butterscotch chips, it make them that much better. Delicious! Chewy, soft, so good! Ignore the photo, they were amazing.
Meg's Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Butterscotch Chips
makes 24
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. butter (softened is good)
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. butterscotch chips (or more or less depending on what you like)
1. cream butter and sugar, add dry ingredients and mix.
2. bake 8 minutes at 375.
Meg's Coconut Oatmeal Cookies with Butterscotch Chips
makes 24
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. butter (softened is good)
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. butterscotch chips (or more or less depending on what you like)
1. cream butter and sugar, add dry ingredients and mix.
2. bake 8 minutes at 375.
Comments
Post a Comment