First day of Kindergarten!

We survived our first day of kindergarten! Ok we've survived three full days of kindergarten.
So kindergarten is long- it's from 8-330. He gets there around 730, wakes up at 650, let's just say that by pick up he looks tired. On the first day I went to wake him up and he was up, on the second day he was awake, and today he was asleep and after I shook him awake he said "mom I just need a few minutes". So far I've been hearing mixed reviews. He thinks the day is too long (and let's be honest it is because they're 5 and two weeks ago they were running like maniacs), and there are too many rules (and that might be true at our school, he didnt come home with fun art on the first day, the classroom isnt decorated like a normal kinder classroom, they spent the first day learning the rules and how to sit in "writing position"). He strongly dislikes music class (which is actually surprising), likes art, and loves recess (good thing there are three of them!). I've also been informed that "dress Wednesday is stupid"- no kidding friend, I had to buy you a separate outfit for that day. He's had good things to say about his desk partner and recess so I think once we get passed these first few weeks where they "learn how to learn" and actually do something he will like it. He does really like that his "homework" is reading for 30 minutes- this has greatly increased the amount of Harry Potter we read out loud each night.

Wake up time- he was already awake!










 Dress Wednesday... the only thing he hates more than a collared shirt is one with buttons.
 Driving off for the first day!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds