First day of Preschool

Zach's first day of preschool did not go how I expected it would go. It started the night before when we met his teacher and he informed us he would be attending school twice a week not the one he was signed up for. We had to drag him from the classroom which seemed like a good sign.

The morning of preschool he popped up, announced he needed to dress like Mikey and picked out the closest thing he could find to a school uniform. Then he refused breakfast, instructed me on what to pack in his lunch and we left. When we got to school he tried to ditch me in the parking lot, went straight to his classroom, put his stuff in his cubby and sat in his spot and got to work coloring. He didnt blink when we left. At the end of the day he informed me he was going twice a week and despite me trying to convince him otherwise he was pretty adament he would be attending twice a week (it's true, i switched it, he's going twice a week now. It wasnt my original plan, and it's a little sad but he really wants to do it so we will try it). He also let me know it was "not appropriate" for me to come into the classroom to say goodbye or collect his things and that I "need to wait at the car". After many conversations about how no you cannot walk across the busy parking lot alone he was relented and I am allowed to wait outside his classroom for him. Wait until he finds out I'm the room mom...  So  all in all I'd say that Zach loved preschool and he is thrilled to go back... tomorrow. Funny kid, I hadnt planned to send him at all until he insisted and I hadnt thought he would want to do two days let alone one... I was wrong. He loved everything about it- the kids, eating lunch there, the playground, the toys, the coloring, the books, the singing, and the teachers.















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds