New Beginning- KINDERGARTEN!

Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new chapter in our lives- KINDERGARTEN! Since Michael is the oldest I think it will be a big adjustment not just for him but for our whole family. As we've gotten closer to the first day of school I've started to get a little bit nervous for him. Don't get me wrong, there is a huge part (let's say over 90%) that is overjoyed this day has come. I feel like we've been running a marathon and the last bit, especially this summer has been uphill and full of obstacles. But then there's this other part that is excited but worried- did we teach him enough, will he be able to adjust quickly, will he be kind to the other kids, will he make friends. These are the questions that keep running through my head these past few days. Add in- how in the heck are we supposed to negotiate the car line (luckily we learned all about the PTA but nothing about when and where to drop and pick up), what kind of breakfast and lunch and sustain him the whole day, and you know other basic questions. I am also so excited for him- he is clearly bored and looking for a challenge. Last week he punched his two good friends in the face... yep it's time for something other than summer because if it lasts much longer he wont have any friends left. So kindergarten here we come- let's start this new race! And... there's a good chance I should start looking for "enriching" summer activities now because I'm thinking that after going to school 7:45/8-3:30 for a year three months of nothing is going to be... a disaster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea