My Favorite Thing About Kindergarten So Far
Ok I am a terrible person, but I have to say that my very favorite thing about kindergarten so far (besides the significant reduction in whining, screaming, and violence) is the reduction in mess. When the boys are together at home all day, or even for half a day they TRASH the house. Every single room looks like a tornado has gone through it- unless it's locked in which case it stays relatively untouched. It is just exhausting to look at our house at the end of the day, there is crap everywhere! But when Michael has school... the mess is contained to one area. There's still cleanup... just less. I went to his school tonight for a meeting and peeked in his desk, the mother in me was horrified. His desk was a mess, trash, crumbs, stuff just shoved in there, hw does he find anything?! Naturally, I cleaned it... which might be why he is such a little slob at times, because someone is always coming after him. But whew, I am basking in not needing to mop every night, not finding toys in my bed, and just less mess in general. This is a wonderful unintended consequence of kindergarten!
Comments
Post a Comment