Blogging is taking a backseat
I have to say that lately blogging (cleaning, laundry, etc) has been taking a backseat. I feel awful about this. I love to look back and see what we were doing at a certain point in time and without the blog it just all fades, thank goodness for instagram- my sister and her husband love to make fun of my prolific posting but we like to look back and it's an easy way to record things.
Ok so blogging is slacking, life in general is slacking. You know those days when you think "I have too much to do", and you start going through your to do list and all you can think is "holy crap I actually have more to do than I previously thought!" That's pretty much been life since October 1st. I started running when school started, hilarious, that's over. I can go running on a preschool day, I have 3000 other things that have to get done between 9:03 and 12:49. But every day seems to be going like this. I wake up at 4am and check the clock every 10 minutes until I have to get up because I am sure that I am going to overlook some very important thing I have to do. And then I'm just angry and tired, and angry, and oh angry. So these last few days i've been singing "let it go", you know until the CD got stuck in the CD player of my car (are you freaking kidding me). I'm letting it go. Neighbor gifts, blah not happening, visiting teaching gifts, hilarious, attending every cookie swap, playdate, etc... nope. Getting presents, hah that's hilarious. Baking christmas cookies, creating a christmas chair, doing christmas crafts, nope, nope, and nope. One year I will have time for it, but this is not the year. This is the year that I lament the loss of time because soon the kids won't want to do these things, but the year that we get through one day at a time. This is the year that work was crazy, the kids were little, and things aren't perfect. I'm trying to be ok with that, so far I'm not, but for the last two nights I haven't woken up at 4am worrying about what i am not doing. I'm going to end this season a terrible neighbor, friend, room mom, etc... but oh well... that's why we get to try again every year.
Ok so blogging is slacking, life in general is slacking. You know those days when you think "I have too much to do", and you start going through your to do list and all you can think is "holy crap I actually have more to do than I previously thought!" That's pretty much been life since October 1st. I started running when school started, hilarious, that's over. I can go running on a preschool day, I have 3000 other things that have to get done between 9:03 and 12:49. But every day seems to be going like this. I wake up at 4am and check the clock every 10 minutes until I have to get up because I am sure that I am going to overlook some very important thing I have to do. And then I'm just angry and tired, and angry, and oh angry. So these last few days i've been singing "let it go", you know until the CD got stuck in the CD player of my car (are you freaking kidding me). I'm letting it go. Neighbor gifts, blah not happening, visiting teaching gifts, hilarious, attending every cookie swap, playdate, etc... nope. Getting presents, hah that's hilarious. Baking christmas cookies, creating a christmas chair, doing christmas crafts, nope, nope, and nope. One year I will have time for it, but this is not the year. This is the year that I lament the loss of time because soon the kids won't want to do these things, but the year that we get through one day at a time. This is the year that work was crazy, the kids were little, and things aren't perfect. I'm trying to be ok with that, so far I'm not, but for the last two nights I haven't woken up at 4am worrying about what i am not doing. I'm going to end this season a terrible neighbor, friend, room mom, etc... but oh well... that's why we get to try again every year.
Comments
Post a Comment