Praying for Patience

I pray for patience every morning. Well really it's more like a 24 hour a day thing, but most especially in the morning. I need patience, there are people born with patience and then people born without it, and then some in the middle. I have none, it's not a new thing, but it's not getting better. So I pray that someone can make up the deficit because it's huge.

As we've been in Utah this week, I've been able to see my sweet sister in law with her kids, and my oh my is she patient. I am sure like all mothers she probably has her moments where she wants to scream and yell or just put the child in time out, but I haven't seen it yet. She very calmly diffuses the situation and rolls with it. I am not that type of person, I like control, I like things to be a certain way, and I like my children to comply. Since they are my kids they dont, they inherited a need for control and stubbornness from both their parents, so we are pretty much doomed. But I have a goal for 2017 (good thing since New Years is right around the corner). In 2017 I am going to let go (a bit). I am going to let the kids scream, let them work it out, ignore the mess, and just enjoy life. Ok I am still probably going to obsess over the messes, and mop the floor more often than it needs but I am going to make a conscious effort to let some things go and be more patient. 2017 is going to be an interesting year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds