An Explanation
Lately, I have gotten a few complaints about the lack of pictures on this blog. I have run out of steam taking pictures, when you flip through the recent photos of Mikey you will see why. He looks happy... until he realizes that you are taking a picture, or trying to take a picture of him, and then he screams, hits the camera, and/or refuses to look in your general direction. He used to be so good for photos, now... not so much.
So here are a bunch of photos of our recent activities, nothing too exciting, but a quick update.
Mikey at the park, he loves the park, he is usually happy there, but he wont look at the camera.
Ok he wont look at the camera and smile, he always does some strange face.
We had an impromptu picnic in our friends' yard one afternoon. She had these cute chairs for the boys to sit in. Best $4 ever spent at Wendy's
Mikey has a cute little chair just like ours, he doesnt think he should leave it outside on it's own, so this is one of the rare instances when it was actually outside.
He was perfectly happy before I tried to take this picture, we were playing "dishes" and he was having a great time dumping water on the floor, on himself, helping the duckies swim, etc... but the camera ended it.
He figured out that he could turn the camera on my phone so he could see the picture as he took it.. and really enjoyed making funny faces into the camera.
random. I know it seems like I torture my son by making him play bubbles, but I assure that is not the case. He loves playing bubbles, he just really really does not want to have his photo taken.
wont look happy. but he does have his precious excavator so all is good with the world.
see kinda happy that he figured out how to work the camera. Love the order of these photos.
crazy
monkey face, this is what they do in swimming lessons.
see the arboretum could have been lovely... but no
he was thrilled to be with grammy, not thrilled about the camera.
see happily playing... wait.
still happyish
mood changing quickly
deteriorating quickly
almost meltdown
and screaming. Oh and he likes to tell you while he is screaming that "Mikey screaming!". I love that he screams that at you.
Imagine him screaming 'no mommy, no!" Yeah...
trying to hit the camera
finally a smile, pretty sure he didnt see the camera.
what a cute guy. Love the mop of hair, but we cut it off... now he looks like a kid rather than a kid wearing a wig.
he can smile!
this was his reaction to pictures this morning.
and then he gave up and just looked away.
sitting down because he didnt want a picture.
This was his reaction to brian trying to take our picture the other day... awesome. At least he has personality and doesnt have a problem haring his opinion.
see he loves bubbles!
loves the bubbles!
I love that can smile... oh mikey.
See he got a haircut, now he looks like a kid instead. Might not be the best haircut ever, but go with it.

















Ash, I can honestly see a resemblence in Mikey and Benny. Maybe it's the age, maybe the mop of hair, maybe the toddler teeth. But I can see it! We just cut Bens hair...I mean, short. He can have spikes now. The floppy Mop is GONE! I realized this had to change when I had this thought before I went to feed him.."I need a clip or something to pull his hair back so he can eat!" Yup, the time has come. It's gone. He's like a new boy to us...and I totally adore his little face!!!!
ReplyDelete