Where have we been?

I havent been great at keeping up on here lately (thanks for the reminder Em), for some reason it seems we have been busy lately. We had a fun visit with my mom, which I think I blogged about, and then other than that, not much exciting happening, just life.

Ok so the real reason why you visit the blog, photos.

So my mom came to visit easter weekend. It was great to have her here. On Monday, we went to the arboretum to see the tail end of the Dallas Blooms. They were amazing, we took hundreds (not kidding) of photos of the two of them hoping to get just one of them in the tulips that looked great... major fail. My mom looked great in all the photos... Michael on the other hand is currently at the stage where he will NOT look at the camera, will not sit to take a picture, and generally makes things rough. So of the hundreds of photos these were the best two... pathetic.
We are pretending he is laughing in this photo instead of trying to get away and screaming. 
 
What else have we been up to? Well the usual, storytime and tacos on Friday's with cooper. A couple of weeks ago I made the mistake of listening to Michael when we ordered, disaster! When asked what he wants to eat Michael almost always responds with "salad", if you know Bri you know it is highly unlikely that a child of his is going to want to eat salad, though my hope is that because that is all I wanted to eat the first 6 months I was pregnant with Michael that he wont be quite so anti. Anyway I ordered a salad, we both left covered in salad. We are sticking to rice and beans, or bean burritos... classy. Oh and ice cream. I think Mikey and Cooper only want to go for the ice cream. Just in case you can't tell he is COVERED in ice cream, his hands, shirt, pants, etc are covered in ice cream, normal friday for us. He eats the bottom of the cone first... yeah. Oh well, it is his favorite place to eat, one of his favorite activities, we can just change clothes (yeah both of us) more than once on Fridays. 
 Look how happy he is, eat your cone from the bottom, might make your day.
 We have also been spending quite a bit of time at the park in our neighborhood. We take a walk, end up there and go on the slide a few time. He loves it, and I cant believe he is big enough to go on the slide himself.

 Sadly these are the best photos I have gotten of him lately, not even worth it to take out the good camera these days... oh Mikey!

 The other night we went to dinner and Brian ordered dessert, we never order dessert so I was kinda surprised. Then he put it in front of Michael... it was delightful, but he enjoyed it immensely.
 We have also been spending quite a bit of time playing trains. This is the best $10 spent in a long time. He has figured out how to set up the track himself (sorta) and loves it.
We also love diggers around here. I never though I would know the difference between diggers, but let's just say I do. Mikey got a set of 5 from Target ($5.84), best money ever spent. Those diggers go everywhere with him, in the car, to bed, in the bath, etc. And as a bonus there is a tons of construction on our road so he gets to see diggers all the time!
Oh yeah and swimming lessons. They really deserve their own post but for now they will just get lumped with all the random happenings. We put mikey in swimming lessons, and they are really more like singing time in the pool but he loves them. 
 He totally understands high fives now. As he was getting ready to go swimming today he was telling me all about how he went swimming with grandpa randy... yay for remembering.
 loving swimming lessons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea