Come Back Excavator, Come Back!
As I previously mentioned, Michael loves diggers. No nix that, he is obsessed with diggers (construction vehicles). I never thought I would know so much about them, but over the past few months I have learned a great deal. I purchased a set of little diggers for him about a month ago, there were 5 in the pack, and it was like $6, great toy, great price. These diggers have been everywhere with us, the bathtub, bed, the car, etc. Everywhere, they are much loved. But today... today I told him he could only take one in the car, and he picked out excavator, his favorite. Everything was fine, but when we came home I brought it in with all the other stuff and somehow... excavator got lost. When we lost it I have to admit that I thought something like, of course it had to be that one! Excavator is the favorite, it is the only one with the scoop, he loves it, loves it. I have looked everywhere and I have not been able to find it. I even looked through the trashcans, yes I was desperate. I decided this would be a good moment to reinforce prayer to Mikey. We have been talking a lot about prayer lately and how prayer is how we are able to talk to Heavenly Father, much like mommy's phone is how we talk to Grammy and Poppy. We talked about how Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy like Grammy and Poppy and how he wants to hear from us and help us with our problems. So we prayed to be able to find excavator... and nothing. After we got up from the prayer Mikey said "Mommy find it", but mommy couldnt. So he asked that we say another prayer, after 5 or 6 prayers I tried to distract him. I dont know how to explain to him (yet) that sometimes Heavenly Father answers our prayers differently than we hoped he would or that the answer he gives might not be the one we want. All in all the experience was good, I am glad we had this time to talk a bit more about prayer and Heavenly Father, but I so wish excavator had turned up. I am sure there is a lesson about prayer in this experience for me too (maybe more for me than for him), but for now he is devastated about excavator. As I was tucking him in (with the 4 other diggers) he requested again that "Mommy find it". Mommy searched again, dug through the trash again, looked in the car again, looked through the groceries again.... but still no excavator. So I think tomorrow we are making a trip to Target to buy another pack (why can't they sell them individually). Oh excavator, please show up soon!
UPDATE: I found excavator shoved my closet. I dont think I have ever been so happy to see one of Michael's toys out of place. I am so glad not only that prayers are answered, but that we have the opportunity ask Heavenly Father for something ask trivial as finding a beloved child's toy. Oh and I can't believe I dug through the trash and it was in the closet the whole time, no worries, the clean excavator is tucked nicely into bed with Mikey now...
UPDATE: I found excavator shoved my closet. I dont think I have ever been so happy to see one of Michael's toys out of place. I am so glad not only that prayers are answered, but that we have the opportunity ask Heavenly Father for something ask trivial as finding a beloved child's toy. Oh and I can't believe I dug through the trash and it was in the closet the whole time, no worries, the clean excavator is tucked nicely into bed with Mikey now...
Comments
Post a Comment