Blank
Dear Blog,
It isnt that I don't love you, or at least really like you, it is just that my mind is blank every time I try to write on you. It is like someone from Harry Potter wiped my memory and I have nothing to write about, maybe I have been listening to far too much Harry Potter lately.
Life is just... well good, we are plugging along with very little excitement (the way we like it), so there isnt much to document, but for the sake of our relationship (cause we both know it have been a long one) let me see if I can come up with a few things.
-Mikey and I have been listening to Harry Potter books on CD. We listen to one in the car and one in the house. I am sure he is so confused. I thought he was hating it (he loves music) but the other day we got in the car and I turned something else on and he said "No Mommy! Listen Potter!". I am happy to report that the brainwashing has started. I am sure that by his 3rd birthday he will have listened to all 7 of the books. And when he is ready he has nice (well okay maybe not nice) copies of all 7 books waiting for him on his shelf.
-We have been working (slowly) on Mikey's digger room. The kid is a giant, his crib wont be able to contain him much longer and we arent the most motivated people around so we decided to start working on the room now. Only problem is... well we complicated the project a wee bit. We decided to buy a bed and paint it to match the dresser we had and are painting. Both are from IKEA which meant both needed to be sanded, primed, sanded again (yeah you read that right), and then painted... oh and then assembled in the case of the bed. Thought it would be easy but the bed has 17,000 pieces... yeah he is going to be turning 10 before we are done. Someday we might have more to report on the digger room. If we can keep the motivation (or find some) this could be adorable, otherwise, well not so much.
-We decided not to move (yet), remember the limited motivation for the digger room, yeah imagine us actually moving, you are laughing to yourself right now about the prospect arent you. We are still pretty iffy, but mostly lazy (there I admitted it) so we are staying.
-Mikey can sing his ABC's... without help. No I havent documented it, he clams up as soon as he sees the phone or the camera, but trust me he can do it, and it is amazing. He can also sing Twinkle Little Star, Scripture Power, the Wheels on the Bus, and the first verse of I am a Child of God, oh and Give Said the Little Stream- all without help. The kid is amazing.
-We discovered the greatest bedtime story at our library "Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site". Highly recommend it.
-Brian started his new job and he seems to really like it, and on the plus side I like hearing about it cause it is way more interesting than his previous job- just sayin. We are excited to get to spend more time with him, that he is less stressed, oh and that he thinks it is exciting and interesting. he seems to really like his coworkers which is a major plus, and be interested in what the company does (builds houses) so yay!
-Mikey is loving swim lessons. It is basically music class in the pool (speaking of which we need to find a music class next year), but he loves it. He isnt so much into the kicking or the reaching and pulling, but he is learning to hold his breath and he does love the water.
-Mikey has started to recognize "Grandpa Randy". He has known Poppy, Grammy, Emmy, O Muggle, and Bardy, for awhile now, but recently he found a picture of Brian's dad and was so excited. He asked who it was and I told him and he said "Grandpa Randy swimming". The funny thing is the last time we saw Grandpa Randy that is what we did, maybe he remembers. But now he asks to talk to Grandpa Randy on the computer and points him out in pictures... we may have a new favorite to add to the list.
-I turn 27 on Saturday, clearly more to come on my golden birthday.
See blog I found a few things... not much, but not too little either. Life is good, uneventful, boring even, but good. We are blessed to have the Gospel in our lives, great families, good friends, a good job, and a lovely house- no excitement needed.
I will try to take pictures, think of witty comments, make something delicious for dinner, get my act together in general, but in the meantime, good night.
A
It isnt that I don't love you, or at least really like you, it is just that my mind is blank every time I try to write on you. It is like someone from Harry Potter wiped my memory and I have nothing to write about, maybe I have been listening to far too much Harry Potter lately.
Life is just... well good, we are plugging along with very little excitement (the way we like it), so there isnt much to document, but for the sake of our relationship (cause we both know it have been a long one) let me see if I can come up with a few things.
-Mikey and I have been listening to Harry Potter books on CD. We listen to one in the car and one in the house. I am sure he is so confused. I thought he was hating it (he loves music) but the other day we got in the car and I turned something else on and he said "No Mommy! Listen Potter!". I am happy to report that the brainwashing has started. I am sure that by his 3rd birthday he will have listened to all 7 of the books. And when he is ready he has nice (well okay maybe not nice) copies of all 7 books waiting for him on his shelf.
-We have been working (slowly) on Mikey's digger room. The kid is a giant, his crib wont be able to contain him much longer and we arent the most motivated people around so we decided to start working on the room now. Only problem is... well we complicated the project a wee bit. We decided to buy a bed and paint it to match the dresser we had and are painting. Both are from IKEA which meant both needed to be sanded, primed, sanded again (yeah you read that right), and then painted... oh and then assembled in the case of the bed. Thought it would be easy but the bed has 17,000 pieces... yeah he is going to be turning 10 before we are done. Someday we might have more to report on the digger room. If we can keep the motivation (or find some) this could be adorable, otherwise, well not so much.
-We decided not to move (yet), remember the limited motivation for the digger room, yeah imagine us actually moving, you are laughing to yourself right now about the prospect arent you. We are still pretty iffy, but mostly lazy (there I admitted it) so we are staying.
-Mikey can sing his ABC's... without help. No I havent documented it, he clams up as soon as he sees the phone or the camera, but trust me he can do it, and it is amazing. He can also sing Twinkle Little Star, Scripture Power, the Wheels on the Bus, and the first verse of I am a Child of God, oh and Give Said the Little Stream- all without help. The kid is amazing.
-We discovered the greatest bedtime story at our library "Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site". Highly recommend it.
-Brian started his new job and he seems to really like it, and on the plus side I like hearing about it cause it is way more interesting than his previous job- just sayin. We are excited to get to spend more time with him, that he is less stressed, oh and that he thinks it is exciting and interesting. he seems to really like his coworkers which is a major plus, and be interested in what the company does (builds houses) so yay!
-Mikey is loving swim lessons. It is basically music class in the pool (speaking of which we need to find a music class next year), but he loves it. He isnt so much into the kicking or the reaching and pulling, but he is learning to hold his breath and he does love the water.
-Mikey has started to recognize "Grandpa Randy". He has known Poppy, Grammy, Emmy, O Muggle, and Bardy, for awhile now, but recently he found a picture of Brian's dad and was so excited. He asked who it was and I told him and he said "Grandpa Randy swimming". The funny thing is the last time we saw Grandpa Randy that is what we did, maybe he remembers. But now he asks to talk to Grandpa Randy on the computer and points him out in pictures... we may have a new favorite to add to the list.
-I turn 27 on Saturday, clearly more to come on my golden birthday.
See blog I found a few things... not much, but not too little either. Life is good, uneventful, boring even, but good. We are blessed to have the Gospel in our lives, great families, good friends, a good job, and a lovely house- no excitement needed.
I will try to take pictures, think of witty comments, make something delicious for dinner, get my act together in general, but in the meantime, good night.
A
Comments
Post a Comment