11 Months!
Mr. Zach is 11 months! Ok well he was 11 months about 10 days ago, but life is busy so I am getting around to this now.
I know I say it every month but this kid really is a crazy person. He isn't walking, but he is climbing. He has no fear. This evening I watched him climb the slide, fall off, and then climb up again. He made some slight changes so he wouldn't fall again but he was not deterred by his failure. Mikey recently watched two documentaries with Brian, one about honey badgers and another about beavers and we've decided that Zach is like those two animals, he is persistent and adaptable. We hope he learns a bit of fear before something serious happens to him, but in the meantime he is enjoying himself.
-Nothing is safe from Zach. Every surface is a mountain waiting to be scaled. He can climb the stairs, the slide, the couch, and onto the little table in the playroom. As I wrote before, he can pull the baby gate off the stairs, or find things to get himself over. We've recently zip tied the gate to the banister... that seems to be a bit better, but I give him another few days before even that is useless. Luckily Brian is building us gates for the new house.
-He really likes candy. I know this is bad. We have had a little festive candy dish on the ledge in our living room for the past few months. At first it held autumn hersheys kisses and now it holds christmas hersheys hugs. Anytime anyone walks near it he screams and points and makes a sound that he thinks means candy. He also crawls up to that spot and points until someone lifts him up.
-He still loves to sleep. Oh thank heavens, I hope we can continue this for a good long while.
-He loves his brother but he is starting to get a tiny bit irritated with him. Michael is a bit of an intense kid. he likes to play rough, he has no personal space, and he is very energetic, Zach can only tolerate so much. He has taken to hitting his brother, not the best, but we're working on it.
-He thinks bedtime is at 7... there are no exceptions.
-Zach crawls incredibly fast. You blink, look away, sneeze and he is somewhere else and into something. he thinks the dishwasher is a great place to play, the toilet, really any place that he shouldn't be.
-I think if he could ride Michael's bike he would steal it. he loves the bike. He loves to be pushed on it, put it, and even pull it down on himself.
-I think his absolute favorite foods as donuts and cottage cheese. Im going to have to find a way to combine them for his birthday. Ok not really that would be gross.
-Everything is a tunnel to him. I have started packing to move and every box is fascinating and so fun. "Santa" is going to be bringing him a tunnel.
-He loves all drinks... well except milk. We have started to introduce milk in very small quantities to prepare him for the end of nursing that is coming in the next few weeks. He's not having it. He will take it but as soon as he tastes it he opens his mouth and lets all the milk run out of his mouth. It is... delightful.
-He loves to play with balls. Throw them, chase them, hide them, it's great.
-Church with Zach is... a wrestling match. Luckily I got called to nursery so he might be spending these next few weeks in there with me.
-He is fascinated with my phone. I think it is mostly because the cover photo is a picture o him and michael. I think he likes to see his sweet baby face.
-He's still pretty cuddly. I tell michael I don't want my Zacho to grow up because he wont ant to cuddle anymore, but Michael told me that boys can stay little forever.
-He has 4 teeth! Well almost 4 teeth. This is great news since he refuses to eat age appropriate food.
-He figured out how to take his pants off (which is somewhat humorous) and won't leave socks on for any length of time unless there are shoes on too.
He LOVES the stairs. Really anything dangerous works.
Oh and did I mention that he loves his dad. He loves him just as much as Michael does.
He does a funny scrunch face all the time but this is the best photo we have of it. I know it's terrible.
And he thinks he's pretty cute.
and the HEB carts, he loves them.
He loves to do whatever brother is doing. even workbooks.
We made this at the bottom of the stairs to catch mach's falls. They ended up sleeping in it... which i guess sorta solved the problem.
This was their reaction to the picture. they wanted the phone.
he sleeps!


































Adorable. Brave! And Nursery--that will be fun. Maybe I can join you??
ReplyDelete