Halloween 2014: Suker Heroes

So as everyone may have noticed we like Halloween at our house. I think the whole family should dress up in themed costumes and I'm not a fan of store bought costumes- it's my one creative mom things. 

This year Brian came up with the theme- Suker Heroes. It was a bit of a hard sell, but Mikey went for it in the end, and he loved it. He assigned everyone a color based on his perception of their favorite color and tried to come up with Suker Powers. 

These are the first costumes that can be reused! Trust me we have gotten quite a bit of use out of the costumes already. 

Here's Michael trying out the mommy hero costume. 

 Mikey showing off his Suker Hero cuffs (or gloves as he calls them).
 Zach wasnt ever too sure about his mask, he ended up needing to wear it as a headband instead.
 Ok so here is how the costume making actually looks. There is quite a bit of hot glue, random fabric that never needs to be purchased except at halloween, fray check, and a whole lot of pins.
I designed the t shirt logos, couldn't find the fabric I wanted (until part of the way through the project) so I had to paint/make my own. I thought about printing the logos out of iron on transfer paper... but decided that sparkles, felt, and hot glue were actually the way to (the shirt may be fragile but it popped).


Mikey tested the costumes along each step of the way He insisted that his super hero costume needed a shirt, a belt, a cape, cuffs, and a mask. and he was the one that also insisted on the sparkles, it was a good idea. 


 Zach may have been the cutest super hero I have ever seen.
 I made Michael's cape extra long to flap in the wind. He was a fan. He had to run bunch to test it out.
 Look how adorable Zach is.







 The A Suker Hero
 The M Suker Hero
 The Z Suker Hero
 The B Suker Hero
 and the Suker Villains
 Mikey had to test out the mommy suker hero skirt.
 We tested the costumes out at the MOMS Club activity.

 And the Suker villains, they were good sports.

Comments

  1. Amazing. Again! Those will bring lots of joy for lots of years. My kids still use a Superman costume Ben's aunt made for him when he was 3. You have a talent for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea