Swimming
As summer is finally starting to wind down in Texas I thought I would post about our adventures swimming. I have to first admit that I am a horrible mother, I hate taking the kids swimming. No, I actually hate it. I dislike any activity that requires a change of clothing before and after the activity. Yeah... swimming is that kind of activity. I hate the sunscreening, finding all the toys, fighting with boys to buckle, making sure that no one dies, finding all the toys, and then convincing them it is time to go. Not to mention (but I will) the whining all the way home (all 1 mile), getting them redressed, the shower, and feeding the hungry swimmers. But honestly it's all worth it because they LOVE the pool. The pool in our new neighborhood isn't nearly as cool as the one in Dallas but it's still pretty fun. There's a big covered shallow area, a splash park, a limited "deep end", and it's surround by trees, it's like swimming in the forest. They love to swim, and with floaties they gained quite a bit of confidence! Just a few more swim days until Fall!
Comments
Post a Comment