Halloween 2015 Preview
Ok by now I think we've established that we like Halloween costumes around here. As if 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 didn't prove it we are already getting ready for 2015! As I mentioned previously we were taking inspiration from this. In fairness Zach is actually wearing that costume with a few... additions. I havent gotten around to the grown up costumes (they will be a less complicated version of these ones), but the kids are done!
We are going to be owls... fictional and not anatomically correct owls, roll with it.
All the pieces. Each of the boys have an owl body complete with wings that attach to their arms for better flapping, a pair of feathery owl legs, owl feet shoe covers (with talons for michael), and a mask and hat depending on mood and weather. Not the most creative or best ever but sorta cute. The The feathers are sewn on (for Michael, I didn't do that with the one I made a few years ago so Zach's aren't as great) to allow for realistic wind fluttering. The pants were made for each of them to accommodate the feathery legs real owls have to aid in their silent swooping. So it's a start.... more to do, hopefully we will pull it off.
Shoe covers. Owls have feathery feet.
I made the pants instead of gluing the feathers on, this seemed faster.
elastic straps attach the wings to the arms to help with flapping.
They're incredible! I'll be placing my order soon...
ReplyDelete