The Mall is Terrible

I went to the mall yesterday and guess what? It's terrible. I guess I hadn't been in awhile so I was blissfully unaware of how awful it was. So here's the deal, generally when I go to the mall I head to Children's Place, make a quick stop at Crazy 8, run into Gymboree to laugh at the prices, and head home. That's it. There's very limited walking around the mall, I skip the scented stores, I rarely go into stores with loud obnoxious music. But yesterday I needed jeans. As a side note, I dislike jeans shopping, of all the things to shop for this has to top my list as one of the worst. Why aren't sizes standard across brands let along washes in the same brand and same style. You have to try them on... and that rarely is a pleasant experience. So I went jeans shopping. It was time though because while the jean fit (sorta) they were stained with kid stuff, wearing out, and needed replacing. I knew this was going to take me away from my usual stores. I thought what the heck I'll go to some stores I've previously bought jeans... terrible idea... but I didn't know that yet. These stores are terrible. So I head into American Eagle, mistake number 1, the music is so loud, it is scented, and the employees are just rude and condescending. I mean it doesnt help that I dress like I am in graduate school and I'm fast approaching 30. The coolness factor that never was there certainly has evaporated  with all kid residue and poor fashion choices. So I tried on a pair of jeans, ok but not the best and for the price not so much (I'm cheap). But while I was trying them on I overheard conversations in the dressing room, wow teens are entitled these days (ok they probably were 15 years ago too). So I left, but not without shaking my head as a poor mother bought her child a pair of $60 jeans that looked like they came from the trashcan. Another tangent (don't you love those?) why are clothes so ugly? Why can't you buy jeans that aren't ripped? I don't want to buy new jeans that look worse than my old ones, I want them to look new. And why are pajamas daytime clothes, and leggings? these are pants now? Yep old. Ok so I went to a couple more stores... walked in, walked right out. And then I ended up at JCPenny... which surprisingly had what I wanted at a good price and further proved I'm old.  But in order to get to JCPenny (which was where I parked) I had to walk through the mall. Maybe I'm old fashioned, maybe I'm uptight, but some of the stuff was just terrible. Really Victoria Secret, do you have to display scantily clad women so prominently? How can I teach my child that isn't appropriate when you act like it is? And the kids there... I remember walking the mall as a teen and thinking it was great, the other shoppers had to dislike me as much as I dislike them.  Anyway so the mall is terrible. It just is. So I'm sticking to the kid stores, not bringing the kids into the depth of the mall, and avoiding buying clothes there again. On a positive note I loved the jeans I found and have further confirmed that I will continue to buy everything that can be purchased at Target, it's just easier that way. And who am I kidding, all the stuff gets destroyed anyway, Target is perfect I can buy laundry detergent and clothes in the same store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds