Labor vs. Pregnancy
I'm going to say something that might seem a bit odd, but I don't think labor is nearly as bad as being pregnant. What?! So here's the deal, labor is short, well relatively compared with pregnancy. Pregnancy is 40 (give or take a few) very very long weeks, while labor, let's say it's a long one is what 40 hours at the max? I hear the average labor time for a first time mom is 14 hours (wouldn't that have been short and lovely). That means in 14 hours you're done. All of a sudden life changes, you can take ibuprofen again, don't need to pee nearly as much, and that sharp pain in my leg... gone instantly. Sure there are some other issues, but really, I'd take labor any day. Plus there's the added bonus that if you want medication during labor they are more than happy to supply it... during pregnancy the response is take a Tylenol, it will likely destroy your liver and fail to alleviate the discomfort. Can you tell I'm done being pregnant? Today I registered at the hospital, they asked if I was in labor... I sadly had to tell them that no I was just preregistering that I had 8.5 weeks to go. They looked shocked, I'll take that as a sign that I look like labor is eminent.
Comments
Post a Comment