Three is Enough

Lately I've gotten a lot of questions if this is going to be our last kid. There's questions from people that think more than 2 kids is too many, and from those that can't imagine we would ever stop at three. So here's my answer, and yes it could change, but for now here's my answer. Three is it. We debated about having number three, but there was this nagging feeling that things weren't quite done at two, but I don't have that about three. When I was pregnant with both boys I knew that that wasnt going to be it, that we would do it all again, but this time, well I don't have that feeling, the finality of three being enough feels... well awesome. I remind myself daily that I am one day closer to never being pregnant again, and while that may sound awful, it is one of the things that keeps me going on a daily basis. To say that this pregnancy hasn't been enjoyable for well anyone would be an understatement. It's as if this one is meant to remind me that we really are done... no really completely done.

Besides the pregnancy there's the part about the kids we already have. I love them dearly, but let me just say that one of them is difficult during the best of times, and when you add a sibling (or two) to the mix, no. It's a recipe for disaster. I have no idea how life with three will be like, but if it is anything like taking the two to the store, trying to do anything while their awake, or cleaning up after the constant messes they make... well then three is honestly and truly the end. My sanity cannot handle a fourth. To be honest my sanity can't really handle the first one. Let me give you an example, today we went to the grocery store to buy strawberries at the request of one of the kids, and then across the street to home depot for paint samples. We were gone maybe one hour, we went right after breakfast to ensure that everyone was in the best possible mood, we were fast... and still it went horrible. There was screaming, hitting, slapping, pulling things off shelves, and just general mayhem. By the time we got back in the car I was almost in tears I was so angry. Then we got home and the screaming, whining, and "you're the worst mom ever!" started again. Seriously? Yeah seriously three is it because we have to keep all the ones we currently have... I love them all dearly...

Brian and I had a conversation the other night about how things might be a little easier when one of our kids can do something for themselves, when everyone sleeps through the night all the time, and when someone might listen to at least one thing we say.... somehow I don't think anything besides the sleeping through the night is likely to happen...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea