WWRTD?
This is my motto for the rest of the semester- What Would RT Do? If you haven't taken a class from RT let me just say that she was a tough professor. She had high expectations for every student and did not let them get away with not putting their best effort in. She showed compassion without taking excuses. She didn't let students take advantage of her, and she is extremely competent. So I'm taking on this motto for the remainder of the semester. It seems that for some reason my students and I have different ideas about the clearly stated class expectations. At some point the boundary between instructor and student have been blurred, and students began to think that excuses were acceptable instead of honest effort. So... here's where the motto comes in. When I get an angry email, or even a panicked email the day an assignment is due I think to myself "What would RT do?" and I have my answer. The students may not like the answer but I am confident that it will be beneficial for them in the long run.
In the meantime let me just share are quick video...
Let's just say we are all guilty of getting this wrong on more than one occasion but if I get one more email with this mistake I may pull a Ross.
In the meantime let me just share are quick video...
Comments
Post a Comment