No Kid Blues
Since school started a few weeks ago I've been hearing moms lament that they dont know what to do with themselves now that their kids are in school. I'm speechless. I mean this probably has something to do with the fact that I can't actually imagine a time when my kids wont need something every two seconds and that I will have hours and hours stretching ahead of me... alone. Right now this sounds...well amazing, I can't actually think of another way to describe it. I love my kids dearly but the idea of alone time... well it sounds kinda awesome. But it got me thinking what am I going to do in 5 years when sweet Grace goes off to kindergarten? Am I going to be lost too? Probably a little bit. I thought I would be a little bit lost with Michael at school and Zach in preschool twice a week... no. I think I have every minute of those preschool days planned. With the boys gone and just Grace hpome for a few hours each week I'm starting to catch up- let's be real I'm never actually going to catch up but now it seems like a battle that I may be showing up to instead of just lagging so painfully behind. Dinner has started to get done while they're gone, things are semi picked up, work is improving, it's just... awesome, can I just say I am dreading school breaks already.
So I guess I better start making plans so when my little Gracie goes I am ready. I was talking to someone at church the other day who just sent her youngest to kindergarten and she said she's busier than ever before- she got a part time job, volunteers, and the list went on and on. That's what I want to do. I want to be up, dressed, showered, and ready to greet the day and then busy busy while they're gone. Ugh if only that motivation to be motivated translated into cleaning the bathroom... fail, I do not want to do that.
So I guess I better start making plans so when my little Gracie goes I am ready. I was talking to someone at church the other day who just sent her youngest to kindergarten and she said she's busier than ever before- she got a part time job, volunteers, and the list went on and on. That's what I want to do. I want to be up, dressed, showered, and ready to greet the day and then busy busy while they're gone. Ugh if only that motivation to be motivated translated into cleaning the bathroom... fail, I do not want to do that.
Comments
Post a Comment