HE POOPED!
Ok I know there's no need for that level of excitement over poop, except there totally is. Zach FINALLY pooped in the potty. He's been wearing underwear for a few weeks now, maybe two months, honestly I can't remember. He rarely has accidents, but he will not poop in the toilet. He always runs to the bathroom and requests a pull-up. He will sit on the toilet but he wears a pull-up. This makes no sense to me, actually it's just maddening. I thought I was a horrible mother when Michael was potty training, oh no, this pull-up idea has really brought out the terrible mother in me. So today I had enough, after some yelling, empty threats, and just hanging my head in frustration I decided to try something a friend and I had been joking about- I cut the bottom out of the pull-up. It was basically a pull-up that could never catch anything. He didn't seem to notice the missing section and sat on the toilet and promptly pooped. Except... then he touched his bum and was so concerned his poop was gone. Then he looked down, noticed it was in the toilet and yelled "MOM WE HAVE TO CALL DAD!!! He's going to be so proud of me!" Let's just say he was. Because it's awesome. Zach then informed me "Mom I dont need a pull-up to poop anymore, I'm fully potty trained." He then refused to wear a pull-up for naps. We will see how that goes. I cant remember the last time he woke up from his nap or nighttime wet, but maybe today is the day. But he pooped, and it was just as amazing as when Michael did it. It may have taken longer, involved some trickery, and some truly terrible parenting but he did it! Let's hope he does it from now on and then I never have to change another boy diaper!
Can I just say for the record that I hate potty training and one of the reasons it is so terrible is that every kid is different. Thank goodness I record moments like this so I can go back and read about them- Michael was potty trained in about 10 days, including poop. He wasn't potty trained at night for a good long while because we were lazy. Zach on the other hand has taken about 2.5 month to really get it and may or may not poop in the toilet ever again but is fully potty trained (though he wears a pull-up) at night. Michael could be bribed, he had things he wanted to earn, Zach not so much. I gave Zach a white chocolate Reese's ghost for pooping in the potty, he seemed so confused. Don't get me wrong he shoved it in his mouth but he seemed confused why he was getting rewarded for something people do on a normal basis. His lack of interest in rewards has made it so he has had to decide he's done with diapers... this was slow... oh I hope Grace is easily bribed. Maybe she will start around 18 months so we can be done with diapers forever! Seeing as how she refuses to roll over despite being about to turn in a circle or sit up unassisted, I dont see this going well!.
Can I just say for the record that I hate potty training and one of the reasons it is so terrible is that every kid is different. Thank goodness I record moments like this so I can go back and read about them- Michael was potty trained in about 10 days, including poop. He wasn't potty trained at night for a good long while because we were lazy. Zach on the other hand has taken about 2.5 month to really get it and may or may not poop in the toilet ever again but is fully potty trained (though he wears a pull-up) at night. Michael could be bribed, he had things he wanted to earn, Zach not so much. I gave Zach a white chocolate Reese's ghost for pooping in the potty, he seemed so confused. Don't get me wrong he shoved it in his mouth but he seemed confused why he was getting rewarded for something people do on a normal basis. His lack of interest in rewards has made it so he has had to decide he's done with diapers... this was slow... oh I hope Grace is easily bribed. Maybe she will start around 18 months so we can be done with diapers forever! Seeing as how she refuses to roll over despite being about to turn in a circle or sit up unassisted, I dont see this going well!.
Comments
Post a Comment