He Pooped!

He pooped! Yes this is blog worthy. I think i have spent a good portion of the last 2 1/2 years focused on who's pooping and how much, so poop it no longer really phases me (sad I know). As I posted previously we have entered the wonderful and terrible world of potty training at our house. Mostly it is just terrible, no it is all just terrible. I think we have the peeing part down, he knows he doesn't like to have wet pants, he knows how to pee, can do it on command, and can give enough warning that you can find a bathroom before he has an accident. Pooping is another story. We had two poop accidents yesterday, and let me just say I was ticked. I know i shouldn't have been but I was because i knew he could go in the potty and he just didn't want to. Today when we were at Ikea Mikey said his tummy hurt and he needed to poop. We rushed to the nearest bathroom... 20 minutes later nothing. We start our walk over, ikea is close enough to our new house that we can go for a walk there on chilly days, i think we were in there another 20-30 minutes and still nothing. Well nothing but some of my finest parenting, I think at one point i threatened to leave him at Ikea if he didn't poop... clearly that didn't work (awful mom moment, so glad it was in a public restroom so the other moms could witness it). We had a long talk about how if you poop in your pants in mommy's car I will pull over and you will walk home (again great parenting), we went home (no poop) and went straight up to the potty. We stayed there a good 45 minutes (until he said he couldn't feel his toes, again great parenting), and then we called it quits and took a nap... he actually slept. after nap time we tried again, and again, and again. And then I made dinner, and right before we ate he said "I need to poop!". I ran across the room, scooped him up, put him on the toilet, and ran to get his prize so he could hold it (just in case), handed him the prize, and ran to stop dinner from burning. By the time i got back (30 seconds later) he had pooped! I don't think i have ever cheered so loud in my life, he said "mommy you are very proud of me!" yeah buddy i am so proud of you! So despite my awesome parenting we have now had a poop in the potty... which makes me think we should be able to do it again... (haha). I almost took a picture and then i decided i didn't want to be that mom, some successes don't need to be documented with photos. but in the event that anyone was wondering, its true, he pooped in the potty, February 10th was a great day at our house!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds