2 Months
My sweet Zach is 2 months old already (well yesterday). I want to say these last 2 months have flown by, but they really haven't, they have been really really long. But Zach has been a dream baby (please stay that way!). Before I say a few things about this sweet kid here are his stats, what do they tell you, well if nothing else that breastfeeding works (take that mean doctor that told me I would never be able to feed Michael, hah i thought I michael was proof breastfeeding works... no Zach is... tangent), and that I have giant children.
Weight: 14lbs 10oz (yes that is correct) 95th percentile
Height: 23 1/2 inches 75th percentile
Head circumference: 39.9 cm 50th percentile
-Zach loves to be in constant motion. He has a bouncy seat (I went and bought one) and it is great. It just slightly bounces him, he loves it. He loves the stroller, the car, really anything that keeps moving, as soon as the movement stops he is unhappy (red lights, stop signs, batteries dying, etc).
-He is warming up to baths... as long as they are burning hot (both my kids like really hot showers/baths)
-He has started to smile, it's adorable. He will do it a little bit for Brian and me, but he really lights up for Michael.
-He has started to make "talking" sounds, it's cute, he will do them when Michael talks to him, I think they will be great pals.
-He sleeps! Oh boy does he sleep, and oh boy oh boy is he grumpy if he doesn't. Unfortunatley, zach has a brother who is allergic to sleep and who thinks that everyone else shares his same problem. This is tough if you like to sleep, especially if someone is always finding you, poking you, talking to you, and generally irritating you when you are trying to sleep. He handles it well most of the time but after a few days of restless naps he can't handle it.
-we are making great strides with sleeping through the night. There are moms that have babies that sleep through the night early, I'm not one of those which is probably due more to me than them. But he will do a 4-5 hour stretch now... sadly it usually starts around 7pm, but he can do it and it is great.
-he takes a pacifier. I feel like the hallelujah chorus should start now, he takes it. He doesn't love it all the time like some kids, but he definitely likes it enough to take when it matters. He will take it when he is upset or when he is trying to sleep- so when it matters. So wonderful!
-He likes to smother himself, this is strange and dangerous. When he is trying to sleep he likes to have something near his face, preferably over his face (agh!). He particularly likes this really soft blanket my mom gave him, he rubs it against his nose for a minute and then goes to sleep (with his pacifier). it is strange but I am so glad he can self soothe (some of the time!).
-he is wearing 3 month clothes. There are a little big, but not as big as you might think they would be on a 2 month old.
-his hair is coming in! He was born with a really bad receding hairline, but it is filling in nicely. The only issue is that his hair is dark so he sorta looks like a chia pet because his peach fuzz hair isn't blonde it is black.
-He makes this grumpy stretching sound every morning from about 5-8 every 10 minutes. No one gets restful sleep here.
-he still has his umbilical hernia, it is delightful.
-He has brown eyes- love! I was hoping to have all brown eyed children and I am 2 for 2
-He likes music
-The sound of the vacuum is soothing to him
-He doenst like to be naked... at all
Sweet Zach we love you!






Yah! He's a monster!!! Andrew was only 10 lbs. 15 oz. at his two month! Yup. It's safe to say Zach will eat Andrew when we come to see you!!! Yes, breastfeeding works for you!!!!! Your still producing Ice cream and I produce skim milk! What a chubby darling cute sweet baby! I can't wait to love on him.
ReplyDelete