This minivan life is... tough

The other night as I was hurriedly walk-running through HEB (grocery store) I was hit with a realization... I had escaped. I never thought I would be one of those people that saw the grocery store as an escape, but in that moment I totally did. Before you judge (and let me just say I totally would have if I read this before Michael was born) I love my kids, and I love the choice that I made to stay home with them, but sometimes... sometimes I need a minute without anyone crying, needing something, or talking to me, I just do. I admire moms with more than two kids, heck I admire moms with one kid, being a mom is tough. I have tried to explain it to Brian but I just can't articulate what is so tough about it, I think it boils down to this, once you are a mom you can't ever stop being one. You never clock out, walk out, shut down, you are always a mom. You have to be "on" 24 hours a day 7 days a week. No one care that you are tired, stressed, sick, hungry, or need to use the bathroom. No one cares about personal space, hygiene or volume around you, you are mom and someone always needs you. And that is a good thing too, as mom you have the opportunity to fill a unique nurturing role that no one else can (not to add pressure to an already stressful job or anything). Moms have the opportunity help and shape lives in a way that no one else can, and that is wonderful, but it can be tiring, and sometimes you need to walk through HEB... alone. Something about those 15 minutes (ok it was probably 45) energize you to go back to the crying, yelling, potty training, and even to enjoy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

Genius Idea