Mr. Zach

I haven't posted much about Zach, life has been crazy since... thanksgiving, and I have been slightly sidetracked. So here is a quick post about him. Zach is a dream baby. No really he is, he has his moments where things are a bit challenging but 99% of the time he is a dream. He is a good eater, a good sleeper, and for the most part so mellow. He loves to be cuddled, and would prefer to sleep in someone's arms or right next to you. He is usually pretty patient, and seems to understand that for whatever reason his brother has well less patience. He is starting to like baths, at first he hated them, but lately he has started to like them, as long as the water is really warm. His hair is starting to come in, he still has his really bad receding hairline (which is much cuter on a 7 week old than a 50 year old), but the rest is starting to fill in, since his hair is dark it almost looks like someone sprayed his head with something. He can smile now and it is adorable. I need to find the camera and take a picture of it, his smile is too adorable. He responds to voices, mostly Michael and I because he spends the most time with the two of us, but Brian too. He loves the car. He slept the entire 3 and a half hour drive from Dallas to Austin, as long as the car is moving he is asleep. He likes his carseat which has been such a blessing the past week as we have been moving. He has started to sleep slightly longer at night, i think we are at 3 hours now (Michael didn't do this forever so I am thrilled even though it isn't through the night). I think he will stay in our room longer than Michael did simply because he seems to like to be near people more than Michael did. He still doesn't like to be chilly, he doesn't scream every time i change his diaper but he still doesn't like it. He liked to pee on me, no really, Michael never did, but Zach is super sneaky and does it all the time (maybe it's just me, I need to be faster, not sure). Oh and did I mention that Zach is a giant. No he really is. I haven't weighed him recently, but suffice it to say he is going to more than double his birth weight by 2 months. Zach has a rough time every morning between 5 and 8. He can't fall back into a deep sleep and rustles and cries, it isn't my favorite, but mostly I just feel so bad for him.

I wish I could say I had taken hundreds photos of Zach using our camera... but that would be a lie, so we are going to settle for some iPhone photos, and I am going to try and use the good camera (now that I found it).

Grandma Denny sent Zach this adorable outfit, I will have to take a better photo, but I love it! I think babies are so funny in hoodies, and this is no exception, it is just too cute on him!
 Michael picked out these owl pjs before Zach was born and he has worn them a lot (he is wearing them now actually), sadly they are almost too small, but gosh darn it I got my $5 worth.

 He was almost smiling, I'm sure he was happy after the photo, clearly my skills need some work.
 Napping, he loves to sleep, especially with the sun on his face. the sun fell right across our bed in the old house, not in this one though, I may have to find a better napping place for him.
 Regular reaction to being in the car. Love this reaction to the car! Michael rarely had this one...
 sweet zach. He was really fussy this night, finally I laid him across my legs and he was a content and asleep. this kid loves to be cuddled.
 ok this was taken a few days ago, but it shows that he is getting a bit... chubby. His legs are even chubbier. I love chubby babies and zach is not going to disappoint!
 he is contemplating something. This is such a Poppy look. I think Zach looks like Poppy. Michael looked like a mini Brian from day one, but I can't pinpoint exactly who Zach looks like. I think he looks more Adawi than Suker, but we will see as he gets bigger.


 Oh what a sweet zach!
 This was as the movers were bringing the stuff into the new house. I think the noises started him, not sure how their noises were worse than Michael, but maybe they were just different. See his hair is starting to come in!

 Not a mini Brian, his face is too rounded

 he relaxed while I unpacked the kitchen.
 smiling, i need to work on my photography skills.

 Brian's previous boss gave us this outfit and I think the collared shirt made him look even more like Poppy.

 he sleeps. I love that he sleeps. love it.

 see napping, children nap... not all my children but at least one.

 this is the correct reaction to nap time.


Oh sweet Zach please stay a dream baby. Please continue to love to sleep and be cuddled, please don't turn crazy and demanding just yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas!

Baby Zach is Here!

7 pounds