A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, I'm thinking of moving to Australia
At the risk of sounding like a whiner, no scratch that, I don't even care at this point, today was an awful day, actually a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and I am thinking of moving to Australia (name the book that references). I complained yesterday that after 3pm Michael and I aren't friends, well today it was as if the universe said "you think that's bad, well try this (insert evil laugh)". Nothing went terrible I mean in the grand scheme of things- we all lived, we didn't wreck our cars, the house didn't burn down, etc... but it wasn't a great day. It started... early, well before sunrise. Michael woke up, and he was grumpy, I could hear him talking about how he needed to sleep, but he never went back to sleep. And he continued to be grumpy, all through getting ready, all through breakfast, and all through the brief period of playtime before we were about to leave for the library. This is where is gets good. He asked to play outside and I said yes, we put shoes AND socks on him and he and the cat headed out. I went to feed Zach. I could see them and everything seemed fine, then I went to change Zach, and I could still hear him. And then... the screaming started. I thought he just tripped and it would stop so I waited a second or two but it got worse. He is really dramatic about even the most minor injuries, but he can usually settle a bit, but not this time. I went out and he was in the grass, I still thought he had tripped, so i tried to get him to get up, but he said his foot hurt. We went inside to check it out, everything looked fine, but he was screaming. there was some minor swelling, and as the day progressed it looked like he may have gotten some sort of sting, but he was wearing shoes and socks so i don't know how this happened! We put a bandaid on it, still screaming, went to the car to go to the library, still screaming, nixed the library idea and went to get an oil change, still screaming, screamed all the way through the oil change (sorry Jiffy lube and customers, but I think it made them hurry), all the way home, and all the way until he watched a show at which point in time he was silent. Then he screamed through lunch, quiet through stories, and screamed through nap time. He was starting to lose his voice at this point (but don't worry he persevered). Then he was quiet for about 20 minutes (I think he passed out from exhaustion), and then more screaming, screaming through his bath, and screaming as we drove to sonic, happy while we waited for his egg burrito, happy through dinner, and stories, screamed from 7 until about 5 minutes ago (it's almost 9). I think the screaming might be somewhat tolerable if... it wasn't so incredibly loud and didn't lead to his brother also screaming. Poor Zach is sleep deprived at this point. Michael wouldn't let him sleep yesterday (intentional) and wouldn't let him sleep today because of the screaming, his missed his morning, afternoon, and evening naps, so he's in a great mood (well he actually is because he finally fell asleep).
so you know what's worse than a kid that is whining? a kid that is screaming because he got an injury. i hate stings/bites whatever he has, especially because you can't do anything, it is going to hurt really bad for a few days and then itch like crazy. You know what is worse than a screaming 2 year old, a screaming 2 year old AND a screaming 2 month old. So today was not great, and I am thinking of moving to Australia, but I hear they have terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days there too so it might not be worth the move. But really universe, please stop, this hasn't been a great week, I just want some silence and happy well rested kids... and to use the bathroom without hearing people screaming, I know it's a lot to ask, but please please please. and too whatever bit/stung michael... I hope you're happy- you have inspired us to treat the lawn with a TON of pesticide on saturday... that's right friend.
Tomorrow will be better, or at least I will be deaf so I won't hear the screaming- always looking for the silver linings
so you know what's worse than a kid that is whining? a kid that is screaming because he got an injury. i hate stings/bites whatever he has, especially because you can't do anything, it is going to hurt really bad for a few days and then itch like crazy. You know what is worse than a screaming 2 year old, a screaming 2 year old AND a screaming 2 month old. So today was not great, and I am thinking of moving to Australia, but I hear they have terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days there too so it might not be worth the move. But really universe, please stop, this hasn't been a great week, I just want some silence and happy well rested kids... and to use the bathroom without hearing people screaming, I know it's a lot to ask, but please please please. and too whatever bit/stung michael... I hope you're happy- you have inspired us to treat the lawn with a TON of pesticide on saturday... that's right friend.
Tomorrow will be better, or at least I will be deaf so I won't hear the screaming- always looking for the silver linings
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (and omgoodness ... did you know it's being made into movie?!)! I was just looking at the Scholastic book order flyers and they have an Alexander set. Can you believe that book is over 40 years old?
ReplyDelete