We made it!
We made it to Austin. It wasn't that far of a drive but I almost refused to do it. Let me tell you about the week, just so next time we move I remember that it is going to better than this time.
On Monday I woke up feeling sick. And then I spent the morning throwing up. I had a lot to do so I powered through- it was awful.
On Tuesday I went outside to find two, yes two, flat tires on my minvan. As I drove to Costco to get my tires looked at my sister in law who was following me had some car trouble (bad news since they had to drive to chicago a few days later). I got my tires fixed (for free) and they took their car in, it wasn't free.
On wednesday, we went to our last story time (which happened to be a puppet show!), said goodbye to our wonderful friends, and went to the house, where we waited several hours for the movers to finish.
On thursday we drove to Austin
and on friday the truck arrived!
All in all the move was ok. We know now that moving with two really small kids is really hard and there are things that we will do differently next time. We also know that movers and packers are amazing, and I never want to do it another way (I will have to but I don't want to).
We are mostly unpacked, we need some additional furniture, but other than that we are here.
I really like the house, and guess what we live by things. I can super target in the distance from my dinning room window (at night). Oh and the grocery store... well that is 1.3 miles away. Ikea is the same distance as a grocery store was to our other house, and costco is about 4 miles away! This is so nice, I went to the grocery store at 432 yesterday, pulled into our driveway at 458... love it!Now if only our Dallas friends were here too!
On Monday I woke up feeling sick. And then I spent the morning throwing up. I had a lot to do so I powered through- it was awful.
On Tuesday I went outside to find two, yes two, flat tires on my minvan. As I drove to Costco to get my tires looked at my sister in law who was following me had some car trouble (bad news since they had to drive to chicago a few days later). I got my tires fixed (for free) and they took their car in, it wasn't free.
On wednesday, we went to our last story time (which happened to be a puppet show!), said goodbye to our wonderful friends, and went to the house, where we waited several hours for the movers to finish.
On thursday we drove to Austin
and on friday the truck arrived!
All in all the move was ok. We know now that moving with two really small kids is really hard and there are things that we will do differently next time. We also know that movers and packers are amazing, and I never want to do it another way (I will have to but I don't want to).
We are mostly unpacked, we need some additional furniture, but other than that we are here.
I really like the house, and guess what we live by things. I can super target in the distance from my dinning room window (at night). Oh and the grocery store... well that is 1.3 miles away. Ikea is the same distance as a grocery store was to our other house, and costco is about 4 miles away! This is so nice, I went to the grocery store at 432 yesterday, pulled into our driveway at 458... love it!Now if only our Dallas friends were here too!
| See those lights... super target. |
Comments
Post a Comment