3pm
I have decided that my 2 year old and I only get along until 3pm. By 3 I am ready for him to go. I know it sounds awful, I have tried to change it, but it's the truth, we can only be friends until 3. I think part of the problem is that he wakes up... before the sun. This morning the sunrise was at 7:11am (thank you iPhone), Michael woke up around 6:47am. Which is fine... I guess. I was up with Zach, and I'm usually up and in the shower at this time (I know moms with school kids are up earlier, my time will come), but really I would like to take my shower in peace. The other problem is he doesn't nap, I know kids stop napping at a certain point, but they start napping so there's that, and sometimes they are fine without them... he is NOT fine without a nap. He is a grump, and the grumpiness really starts to escalate around... 3pm. By 7pm I am thinking about running away to a new family, selling him to the circus, or not having any more kids- yes this is how cranky he gets, and how much we don't get along. Every day we play this little game where he is supposed to take a nap and every day he doesn't, and every day I want to scream. Sometimes I do.... though not in front of him. But by 7pm I am not a nice mom, I am snappish, I have probably yelled, and I am counting the seconds until bedtime, at which point in time I get to clean up the gigantic mess he created during his whirlwind meltdown to bedtime. I know it sounds awful, and this too shall pass, but do all moms feel like this at times? Do you sometimes wonder to yourself... what in the heck was I thinking, no really, what was I thinking?
3 pm is the absolute worst time of the day, especially with toddlers and homework and making dinner... I'd say it will pass, but though his attitude will get better as he needs less sleep, that hour of the day is just awful for everyone. Hmm--not a very encouraging comment. Try this instead: Michael and Zach are super cute!!
ReplyDelete